🦊 Whipped - Gahyeon

Gahyeon x Female Reader
College au
Status - Finished (1 part)
Warnings ~ no warnings, fluff

"Ah, this is gonna be so booooring." The small, red-haired girl whined as we walked into the baseball stadium after handing our tickets to the workers at the admissions gate.

I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers before reassuring her, "I promise it'll be fun, Gahyeonnie." She looked up at me, still uncertain, but I just sent a sly smile back at her. "Plus, you lost the bet, so it was my turn to pick where we went for our date."

She pouted and my heart melted at her adorable expression. "I know, I just don't like sports." Her pout eventually faded after a moment and she sighed, "But if you like them, then I'll give them a try."

My cheeks heated up at her statement and I subconsciously smiled. "Aw, how sweet." I teased, using my free hand to poke at her cheeks. "You're so cute." I told her honestly. She immediately tried to swat my hand away.

"I'm not cute." She frowned, looking like an angry toddler, only succeeding at contradicting her own statement. I was ready to tease her some more until she released my hand just to cross her arms. "I won't watch this baseball game with you if you keep making fun of me."

I froze immediately, worried that I had actually upset her. "Okay, okay I'm sorry. I won't call you cute again." I rushed out. This seemed to make her happy, so I released a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding.

"Handong was right." Gahyeon said with a small chuckle as we started walking to find our seats. I just looked over at her, not understanding what she was getting at. She smirked and looked up at me, "you are whipped for me."

-

"So... why are all of those guys just standing around... doing nothing?" Gahyeon asked in between chewing her popcorn, that she insisted on buying. Apparently the only thing she liked about baseball so far was the food,
because, and I quote, 'this game might be worse than watching paint dry'.

I felt the urge to laugh at her question, but decided against it. "They're the outfielders. They are there to catch the ball if the batter hits it further out. But, considering the other team doesn't seem great at batting, they've got nothing to do but stand there and wait for now." I explained. It was clear that Gahyeon was making an effort to learn, but didn't seem all that impressed yet.

"So all they have to do is catch a ball?" She asked, an incredulous look on her face. "Doesn't seem that hard to me. Aren't these guys supposed to be pro athletes?" I couldn't contain my laughter any longer and noticed people around us were giving disapproving looks. Obviously Gahyeon didn't mean any harm, but people who didn't know her would probably think she was being rude.

"You know, what do you say we get out of here?" I leaned up and glanced over at her, immediately smiling at the grin that overtook her features. We had been there for a while and, although I found Gahyeon's innocently silly questions about the sport incredibly cute, I had to admit that I was also a little bored by the game.

So, instead, we decided to finish the day at the park. I have to say, after sitting on the bench and admiring the way the orange leaves falling from the trees complimented Gahyeon's red hair against the dull cityscape, it ended up being a million times better than some stupid baseball game. Although, I knew it didn't matter where we went or what we did, as long as I was spending time with her, I was happy.

"I love you." I told her sincerely after she stopped dancing in the leaves and sat next to me. The smile that lit up her face could easily leave the sun jobless. It sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach and made my heart pound a little harder than before.

"I love you, too." She replied and I didn't hesitate before leaning in to kiss her plump lips. She grabbed onto my hand that held her cheek and quickly kissed back.

"Next time you can pick where we go." I mumbled lightly after backing out of the kiss. Her cheeks held a light shade of pink as she giggled shyly, still flustered by our intimate moment.

Not long after, she regained her composure and smirked for the second time today, sending me one final witty remark:

"You really are whipped."