🐱 I Like You - Handong

Handong x Female Reader
8th member au
Status - Finished (1 part)
Warnings ~ angst, fluff

"What has gotten into you?" I asked, quickly becoming irritated at how weird the blonde haired girl was acting. We had been busy all week promoting our latest album and Handong seemed to be mad at me for something. What that 'something' was, I had no idea. Whatever it was caused her to ignore me for the entire week and I was finally tired of it.

Handong didn't say anything in response, instead grabbing my arm and dragging me down the hallway. I grimaced at her strong grip, stumbling behind. Her face was emotionless as she lead me to my shared room with Dami. Before I could question what in the world she was doing, she lightly shoved me inside after checking that it was empty.

I stood behind her, watching as she peeked out the door before shutting it. The lights in the room were off and, if it weren't for Dami's neon lights (that were now glowing a royal purple color), I wouldn't have been able to see Handong's fingers turn the lock. Suddenly the air in the room felt heavy, causing my heart to thump in my chest. All she did was lock the door, why did I feel nervous?

The answer came much quicker than expected: Handong turned around and abruptly pushed me against the wall, pressing her lips to mine. I felt a surge of heat through my body at the sudden action and allowed my lips to melt back into hers. She had never kissed me before. In fact, half the time we barely even talked to each other. I honestly thought she hated me.

Yet, as she placed one of her hands on my cheek and the other on my shoulder to steady herself, I was beginning to realize it was quite the opposite. And, as I felt a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach with her lips on mine, I was starting to think that I felt the same about her that she probably did about me.

She backed away for a moment, her lips still ghosting over mine as we both tried to catch our breath. I had to grab her waist so I wouldn't fall over from how dizzy the sudden intimate contact made me. We didn't even open our eyes, just standing there with our noses touching, reveling in the euphoric feeling. Even though I wanted to know what she was thinking, it felt as if speaking in that moment would ruin it. Plus, her next actions spoke much louder than words ever could.

Once I had time to regain my breath, she immediately took it away, using her thumb to tilt my chin up and kiss me deeply. I instinctively grabbed one of her arms to try and keep up with her fast pace. Although, I instantly regretted it, feeling how firm her bicep was. The image of her muscular body entered my mind, making my cheeks burn and instantly turning me on. Normally I would feel dirty for having these thoughts, but the way Handong was kissing me right now made all rationality leave my mind.

I didn't even restrain myself when I felt the urge to touch her skin. My body took over and I slowly reached underneath her shirt, placing my hands on her stomach. We both gasped at the same time but for different reasons. Hers was surprise at my bold actions and mine was from finally feeling the well defined contours of her abs. God, that's hot.

Handong took the opportunity to deepen the kiss even further, nearly making my knees go weak when her tongue met mine. Never in a million years would I have expected Handong to be this bold. The action caught me so off guard that I let out a half-surprised, half-aroused groan. This caused her to close her mouth, finishing the kiss with my bottom lip in between hers before pulling away again. I could barely even open my eyes because of how lightheaded I felt, but when I managed to, I immediately felt a pang of embarrassment traveling from the back of my neck to the top of my head.

Handong was looking back at me with a sly smirk on her face, as if enjoying the power she had over me. I probably looked like a complete wreck with dark red cheeks, swollen lips, and eyes filled with lust. Yet there she stood, untouched beauty with a clear air of confidence. Almost like a Princess. Although, I didn't even care. Maybe it was because of how cloudy my mind still was, but I decided to let my tongue slip, finally saying what I always held back before.

"You're so beautiful." It came out as a whisper, but I knew she heard when the neon purple lights highlighted her pink-tinted cheeks. Then suddenly, like the flip of a switch, she leaned forward, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and burying her face in my neck. One second she's pressing me against the wall and making out, and the next she's shy, hugging me to hide her blush. How is this girl real?

"I like you." She whispered timidly, as if her previous actions didn't already reveal this. "So much." My throat went dry and the air left my lungs as I pulled her closer, my arms wrapped around her torso. When our chests met, I could feel our hearts beating together in a swift rhythm. Even this felt foreign, but, at the same time, all too familiar.

Handong and I never really hugged, or even touched each other, for that matter. But something about this felt so right. And it made me wonder if we had both just been too nervous or intimidated around each other to even begin to explore this relationship. It's true that I found Handong (extremely) attractive, but I found most of the members attractive. The idea of having Handong as more than a fellow member never really crossed my mind. Until now, of course.

And, I gotta say, I really really liked it.

"I like you, too."