🐰 Locked Inside a Door - Part 4

"How about this..." I started, capturing her attention. "Since you've talked about what you regret... why don't we do something now that we've always wanted to do, so we don't regret it later. Like... if you were to die tomorrow, what would you want to get off your chest right now?" After I finished my proposition, I suddenly felt really nervous.

Minji stared deep into my eyes for a moment, trying to figure out what I was getting at. But I had a good feeling that we were both thinking the same exact thing.

"Okay." She agreed. "You go first." Her voice had lowered an octave, making my pulse quicken.

It was silent and I couldn't even form a reply. Everything seemed to blur around me and all I could see was Minji. I swallowed hard, feeling how painfully my heart was beating in the bottom of my throat as I stared at her for a few seconds. The longer I looked at her, the more memories came back of the two of us. They were all positive and I wondered why I ever started to look at her differently.

It was times like these when I wished I was a mind reader. I had already decided a while ago that I liked her and even made this stupid 'do something now so you don't regret it' game in the insane off-chance that I might somehow get to kiss her, but how was I supposed to know that's what she wanted? The things she's said to me up until now hinted towards that, but what if I was totally misreading the signs?

Somewhere in my internal dilemma I ended up staring at her lips and eventually Minji grew impatient. I didn't even get to talk myself into kissing her, let alone mentally prepare myself for the actual act, because she closed the gap suddenly before I ever could. Our lips met and I inhaled sharply out of surprise. With all the air sucked into my lungs, my head felt dizzy and all I could hear was the drumming of my heartbeat as it sped up rapidly. Her lips were like warm velvet as they pressed lightly against mine and I felt her slowly exhale from her nose in content against my cheek.

The kiss itself only lasted a few seconds, but seconds feel like hours when you're experiencing one of the only true feelings of euphoria for the first time ever in your life. I knew I would remember this moment forever and something in the way I felt now made me believe that Minji was the right one. Giving myself to her wouldn't be a waste because I knew we truly understood each other, we cared for each other and maybe one day we would realize that it was love all along.

"I'm so glad that door closed." Minji whispered seriously, her lips still just mere centimeters away from mine after she pulled back. I smiled and felt my heart burn in my chest as I continued to realize just how much she liked me (and had apparently liked me all this time).

I started to lean back and felt butterflies when Minji tried to follow, not wanting to be apart from me for a second. With a smirk, I cleared my throat before mumbling, "You know, we're gonna be stuck here all night." I repeated her words from earlier, raising my eyebrows suggestively at her. I was mostly joking and certainly wasn't expecting her to do what she did next.

Her smirk matched mine and she stood up abruptly. I watched cluelessly as she reached her arms out and grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulling me out of my chair. She backed me all the way to the adjacent wall of the room, until the back of my legs hit something and she shoved me onto what I soon figured out to be an old couch. For a minute she just stood there, looking down at me. She let her hair down and combed it to one side with her fingers while her eyes scanned over my body. I knew she knew exactly what she was doing when she tilted her head back a little, allowing me to see her muscular neck before slightly cocking her jaw to the side with her tongue in between the side of her teeth. She looked down at me like I would imagine a vampire looks at its prey and it sent a sharp chill up my spine. She looked mean. I didn't know whether to be terrified or turned on.

When she decided I had waited long enough, she leaned forward, bracing herself on my shoulders so she could straddle my lap. Her smooth thighs felt like fire against my skin. That feeling, along with her intoxicating scent as she leaned in so that her lips were ghosting over mine, made it feel like I was dreaming. There's no way this is real life.

"You don't know how long I've wanted this." Minji said, her voice raspy. I felt a fire burn in the pit of my stomach at the way she was staring into my eyes. Her pupils were dilated and the brown surrounding them seemed warmer than usual. Knowing that she, Kim Minji (a girl who I would've previously considered 'extremely out of my league'... well... and still do) wanted me gave me this intense feeling of importance. Imagine the person you desire the most who appears to be completely unreachable suddenly claiming they want you more than you want them. It's like I was living a fanfic...

That feeling is what gave me the courage to kiss her first this time. It still felt surreal, especially when she was so eager to kiss back. Her hands went up my neck and rested on my jawline as she took control, moving her lips at her own pace and using her thumbs to push my chin away when she needed to breathe. My hands were hesitant moving to her thighs, but I felt more confident when a blissful sound left her mouth as my fingers grazed across her silk skin.

That went on for a few minutes until Minji moved one of her hands to the hem of my shirt. I barely even noticed, my head dizzy with the thick feeling of lust, until I felt her palm flat against my stomach. I gasped into her lips and she was quick to take the opportunity to swipe her tongue into my mouth. My hands instinctively clutched her thighs tightly and I was instantly embarrassed by the moan I let out after feeling her tongue against mine. It was so overstimulating that I felt the urge to pull away, but she kept one hand on the back of my neck, ensuring she stayed in control.

Just when Minji's fingers started creeping dangerously close to my sports bra, we heard a door slam in the distance. She shot up and, although this probably meant we finally had a way out, she didn't look as excited as you would expect someone who was locked in an attic to look. She reluctantly got off my lap before giving me one last kiss and walked to the door. I took the time to even my breathing again and calm my heart rate down. All the blood had rushed to my head and I felt like I was gonna pass out if I tried to stand up.

Eventually the door to the attic was opened after Minji's shouting was heard. Apparently it was a different coach who had left something important at the school and came back to get it.  He propped the door back open and eventually left after he made sure we had a way home. Minji came back over to me and helped me off the couch, laughing at my still very flustered state. I rolled my eyes and shoved her shoulder but ended up laughing with her.

She grabbed my hand, leading me down the steps and back to our stuff. I checked my phone to see no calls from my parents. It wasn't super late yet so I guessed they probably thought I was over at a friend's house. Nonetheless, I sent them a quick text telling them I would be home soon.

While I was distracted by my phone, Minji snuck up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, pressing her front to my back. It startled me at first, still unused to being touched by another person like that, but I soon melted back into her. She kissed my right cheek, making me think back to earlier. That brought a question to my mind.

"So much for 'never kissed anyone'." I mentioned her previous confession, not understanding how she could seem so experienced if her words were true.

She leaned in so that her lips were right next to my ear and whispered, "You bring out the worst in me." My jaw clenched and I felt a shiver wrack my body. Her words would've held a negative meaning had the context been different. But her intent was very clear.

She didn't allow much time for me to react before she turned me around in her arms and smirked. "Plus, I watch a lot of movies." Her voice was playful now, completely void of its previous suggestive tone. She giggled like nothing happened and winked before turning to the exit, dragging me behind her.

I take it back... letting that door close may have just been the best mistake I've ever made.

- Well? Did you guys like the ending 👀