🐺 This Can't Be Real - Siyeon

Siyeon x Female Reader
College/supernatural au
Status - Finished (3 parts)
Warnings ~ angst, violence, blood & gore, death (no major characters), brief implications of drugging and sexual assault, fluff ending

School was finally out for the weekend and I was putting my books away in my locker before leaving campus. "Did I just hear Landon say that you two are going on a date tonight?" My (sort of) friend, Siyeon, appeared out of nowhere, like she always does. I looked over to find her leaning against the lockers, staring at me.

Normally her stare would make me nervous, but I just shook it off and replied, "You told me that I should take more risks, stop saying 'no', start saying 'yes'." I shrugged, and focused my attention back on putting my books in my locker.

"Going on a date with a cocky rich white boy is not really what I had in mind when I told you that." She said, clearly annoyed by my decision.

"Just because he's rich doesn't automatically mean he's cocky." I mumbled, glancing over at her.

"You do know he asks out a different girl practically every day right?" She took a step closer to me, but I looked away. "Just to see how many he can get to say yes so he can boost his already massive ego-"

I closed my locker door to stop her from continuing and looked up at her. "Those are just rumors." She looked at me, probably thinking that I was so naive and helpless. "Look, I don't need you watching over me all the time, I can take care of myself." I finished, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

She took a moment to slowly look me up and down and then smirked. "Trust me, I know you can." I blushed, caught off guard by her sudden change. "But there are things you don't know about Landon." Her voice turned serious and my eyebrows furrowed at her statement. What is she not telling me? "Just be careful." Her eyes softened and she abruptly pulled me in for a hug.

Normally, she was intimidating and always serious, but I suppose she only showed this side of herself with me and no one else. Her arms were wrapped around my waist and I felt her fingers brush against the skin on my back, sending chills through my body. She eventually leaned out of the hug, but left her hands on my waist. Her face was awfully close to mine as she looked into my eyes and whispered, "I care about you."

I was frozen, stuck staring deep into her eyes. A weird sensation always ran through my body when she was close to me. It made my skin tingle and my heart feel like it was on fire. She gave me this sort of warmth and comfort that I have never felt with anyone else. To be honest, it kind of freaked me out.

A few months ago, I was the new girl at school and she was just a stranger to me. It was weird at first because I felt like she was always looking at me or following me. Obviously, since I didn't know her, I thought it was creepy. Not to mention the fact that she always wore dark clothes, seemed mysterious, and didn't have any friends. That's like the first signs of a stalker basically. But then I finally talked to her and realized that she wasn't creepy at all. Straightforward maybe, but she was caring and selfless and wanted to look out for me. I've just always wondered, why me? Why did she seem so interested in me and not anyone else? What was so special about me?

My thoughts were broken up immediately when I felt warmth against my face. My mind finally caught up and I realized I was still standing in the hallway, staring at Siyeon. Her hand was on the side of my face using her thumb to rub my cheek. She smiled, showing her teeth. "You alright?" I watched her nose and eyes crinkled in amusement and felt a fiery sensation in the pit of my stomach. She looks so cute, I thought to myself. She dropped her hand and I noticed her facial expression change to a more intense one. Oh crap, did I say that out loud?