🐰 Locked Inside a Door - Jiu

Jiu x Female Reader
High school au
Status - Finished (4 parts)
Warnings ~ very light angst, implications of homophobia, fluff

Just before I left the gym, I stopped at the sound of my basketball coach's voice. "Hey, Y/N!" Turning around, I saw her waving me over. "Come over here real quick." I looked back at my teammates, telling them I'd see them tomorrow before jogging over to her with my duffel bag swinging at my side.

"Yeah coach, what's up?" I asked.

"Listen, I'd hate to delay your weekend any further, cause I'm sure you've got a lot planned..." She joked, knowing full well that I wasn't nearly as wild as my teammates. "But the volleyball coach asked me to lend an extra set of hands to help move some equipment." I glanced around, noticing the gym had already cleared out. "His girls have all gone home for the night and he had to leave to take care of some family business." She paused and pointed through a doorway at the corner of the gym. "The captain volunteered to stay behind and finish, but I'm sure she would appreciate the extra help, that way she's not here all night." She finished.

I swallowed hard when I caught a glimpse of the girl she was talking about in the other room. Her long black hair was tied back in a ponytail and she was wearing her practice uniform: a tight short-sleeved shirt and very, very short spandex.

The volleyball captain... meaning Kim Minji... Jesus Christ.

I looked back at my coach's expectant face and quickly replied, "Yeah, oh yeah, of course I'll help." You idiot. Why would you say that?!

"Great! I knew I could count on you." My heart rate increased when I realized just what I had gotten myself into. "She knows what you need to do, so I'll leave you both to it. I'm gonna lock up and head out now... Since it's Friday, the janitors won't be by tonight so you don't have to worry about leaving the lights on after you leave or anything... alright, I will see you at practice tomorrow!" She waved her keys and started walking to the door. Just before she left, she turned back and exclaimed, "Oh! I almost forgot... make sure to prop the attic door open while you're moving equipment. It doesn't open from the inside. Wouldn't want to get locked inside!" She laughed. "Okay, goodnight!"

"Night." I replied and waved as she left. Once the door shut behind her I let out a shaky breath, my nerves finally catching up to me. Now, why in the world did I think it was a good idea to sign up for an entire evening with thee Kim Minji... alone. I must really hate myself.

Sighing and rolling my eyes, I decided there was no getting out of this now. So, I turned on my heels and reluctantly made my way to the other room. Here's to hoping she isn't like all the other popular girls in this school.

When I finally made it through the doorway, I froze immediately. There she was, standing with her side facing me as she struggled to get a large piece of equipment up the attic stairs. She was coated in a thin layer of sweat, making her skin appear to be glowing under the yellow lights. As she strained with the weight of the object, her arm and thigh muscles became prominent underneath her tight clothing.

If it weren't for her nearly dropping the equipment on herself, I probably would've started drooling: She was ridiculously good looking. But I quickly came to my senses and threw my bags down, running forward to catch it before it could crush her. I guess I had caught her off guard because she looked up at me with wide eyes.

It was silent while I moved the piece off of her so that she could regain her footing. I placed it beside us and she leaned over it to catch her breath. She was panting heavily and I could see her ab muscles through her tight shirt every time she breathed in.

"Are you okay?" I asked, trying to distract myself from my thoughts.

"Yes." She breathed. "Thank you, Y/N." My eyebrows quirked up and I felt heat rise to my cheeks. I didn't think she remembered my name.

I mean, I guess it makes sense. We have a few classes together, but we never really talked in high school. In all honesty I thought she had no idea I existed anymore. She stayed in her own bubble of popular kids and volleyball players, never making an effort to talk to me. We used to have the same friends when we were young. We weren't super close but I hung out at her house multiple times and we talked often, though I don't remember it that well. Then we got into high school... she became popular and I didn't. That was that.

"What are you still doing here?" Minji asked, breaking me from my thoughts. Her tone was merely curious as she now stood up straight, facing me. I'm sure she thought it was odd, considering everyone else was long gone and she expected to be the only one here tonight.

"Oh, uh..." I immediately got nervous with her staring at me and almost forgot how to speak. "I just uh," looking back, I pointed behind me with my thumb awkwardly, "coach told me you could use some hands-" my eyes widened and my cheeks turned dark red at how my words came off, "I mean, uh, help! You could use some help." I rushed out. "So I uh, I volunteered." My lips tightened in an attempt to smile that probably turned more into a grimace as I looked at the ground, feeling the urge to kick myself. Real smooth, y/n. Real smooth.

I assumed she probably thought I was a weird loser until I heard a soft laugh. My eyes shot up to catch a glimpse of her perfect smile. She then took a long look over me before smirking and saying, "I could definitely use your hands, I'm glad you volunteered." I tried my hardest not to react but I was sure my face was as red as a tomato. She was definitely joking, there's no way that had a double meaning...

I must've been staring dumbly because she said, "Well, why don't we get to it then?" Once again, my mind went to a dirty place, making my eyes meet hers. She quirked her eyebrow, clearly amused, before motioning to the piece of equipment she was previously struggling with. I clenched my jaw, annoyed with myself, before walking over to grab the other end.

-

We had been moving stuff for nearly an hour now and we were finally almost done. Not much talking had gone on since we were mainly focused on not dropping heavy equipment on each other. The things she did say were always very playful and mildly flirtatious. I chose to believe that was just her personality. I'm sure it won over plenty of guys in the past.

Finally, we just had one thing left to move. We had saved it for last because it was the biggest and would serve the most trouble trying to fit into the attic. We managed to get it to the top of the stairs and turn it diagonally to go through. Once I gave it one final shove, it fell through the doorway and landed flat in the room.

I took a step in and Minji was just about to celebrate when we heard the door slam closed behind us. My heart dropped and I shared a worried glance with her. She instantly bolted forward and grabbed the handle to the attic door, attempting to pull it open. It was no use. The door stopper must've gotten lodged out of place when I shoved the last piece of equipment in.

"Shit." Minji muttered, loud enough for me to hear it. She had given up on trying to twist the handle and looked back at me.

"We're stuck."