🐱 I Missed You - Handong

Handong x Female Reader
Idol au
Status - Finished (1 part)
Warnings ~ angst, fluff

"Are you sure it sounds good?" The younger blonde member asked me, still unsure of the final product of her solo bside even after the endless reassuring compliments I've given her in just the past few minutes. "I feel like it's missing something." She stated and turned in her chair to mess with the sound board. "Maybe I should add-"

"Rosie." I exclaimed with a laugh. "You're gonna be adding stuff all day if you keep overthinking." Her hands slowly retreated from the massive panel of buttons and she pouted, looking up at me. "I promise you it sounds perfect. Quit worrying and just appreciate it." Giving her an encouraging smile, she just nodded with a sigh and stood up.

"You're right, unnie." She replied before walking over to give me a hug. "Thank you for helping." I smiled at her when she backed away, allowing me to see her genuine expression. "Seriously, I couldn't have finished it without you." She stared back at me.

Rolling my eyes, I playfully shoved my best friend. "Now you're just getting all sappy. I did nothing." The Aussie giggled cutely and grabbed my outstretched hands so she didn't stumble backwards.

"Whatever, you know I suck at producing on my own." She stated a little too easily and I frowned at her degrading comment.

"I'm gonna let that slide because we both know it's not true, but next time I hear you talk about yourself like you're not the most ridiculously talented human being ever, I will beat you up." My eyes squinted threateningly but she only laughed again, showing off her perfect white teeth.

"Right, like you would hurt a single living thing in your life... you big teddy bear." She mocked, jabbing her fingers into my stomach.

I swatted her hand away which prompted another laugh from her and I grumbled, "I don't know who's worse... you or Dongie."

The mention of my girlfriend seemed to jog her memory because she suddenly exclaimed, "Oh! Are you going to see her tonight?" She asked, her phone now in her hand like she was looking something up.

I took a step closer and replied, "Yeah, why?"

"If you see Yoohyeon, will you tell her to respond to my texts?" Her eyes moved from the nearly empty text thread on the screen of her phone back up to my face. A hint of a frown planted itself on her lips at the mention of the member of Dreamcatcher she had been making an effort to befriend.

I chuckled a little. "You know she's terrified of you, right?"

This seemed to surprise her, "why?" She yelled, half upset, half confused while I continued laughing at her dilemma. "I'm like the least intimidating person alive." I laughed even harder, biting back a remark about how true that statement was.

"Because you're an attractive female. That's why." I smirked, remembering how shy the tallest member of my girlfriend's group was around me when I first started hanging out with them. Handong had warned me about how panicky Yoohyeon got over pretty girls and said that's likely why she hadn't texted Rosé back, too afraid she would say the wrong thing and make a bad impression.

Rosé just sighed in defeat, probably relating to the girl she wanted to get close to. Really, Yoohyeon reminded me a lot of my best friend. They had tons of similarities, so much so that they could very well be the same person in a different body. I mean, they were even born in the same year... that couldn't be a coincidence.

"I'll tell her you don't bite." I reassured her, only slightly joking. Still, it seemed to make Rosé happy.

"Good." She smiled. "Now go have fun with your girlfriend. I know you've been dying to see her." My smile mirrored hers thinking about how much I've been missing Handong since we've both been overseas and I leaned down to hug my best friend once again. "Tell her I said hi." My heart warmed at how supportive she was of my relationship and how she went out of her way to even befriend Dongie. Although Rosé was Korean unlike Handong and I, she was still a foreigner having lived in Australia for most of her life and could relate to us in that sense. Plus Rosie was a friendly person by nature so the friendship between her and Handong grew quickly and smoothly.