🐤 Crazier Things - Sua

Sua x Female Reader
Forced marriage au
Status - (potentially) Ongoing ⚠️
Warnings ~ angst, forced marriage, mentions of homophobia, brief descriptions of sexual content

This imagine is inspired by the song "Crazier Things" by Chelsea Cutler & Noah Kahan. I attached it above if you want to listen to it while reading :)

There Sua sat, leaning over the bar top with her second drink in her hand nearly empty, hair a little disheveled, makeup a little smeared. Yet she still looked perfect in my eyes. Just from her appearance you could tell she was a woman filled with regret. She didn't even have to say anything: her white wedding dress with frayed edges that turned brown in the rain paired with the trail of dried tears running down her cheeks spoke louder than words ever could. I had never been forced to marry someone I didn't love, but I had a feeling I knew exactly what she was going through right now.

Both of our hearts ached as the reality finally set in. Neither of us wanted to face our feelings but now the situation made them completely unavoidable. We knew it was inevitable, we couldn't live together in ignorant bliss forever. Maybe we thought that if we ignored how much we cared for each other then this moment would hurt less. But, if anything, it made it that much more painful.

She was leaving tomorrow. Off to live in some faraway place with her rich husband whom she barely even knew the name of, let alone what he liked to do for fun or whether he even liked having fun. For her sake, I hoped he did. I knew Sua. She never wanted to be some rich man's housewife. It was too boring for her to handle. She would go crazy if she had to stay in some empty mansion for the rest of her life. And that thought... the thought of her being unhappy with her life... that's what broke me.

I started to accept the fact that I may never see her again. It was sure to make me unhappy, feeling like I was missing a part of myself for the rest of my life, but I would've been able to bear it if I knew she was better off. If I was sure she would be taken care of and get to live the way she wanted. So, knowing that she wouldn't get a say in the matter, knowing that her parents forced her to marry a man that she didn't care for, a man I wasn't sure would even take care of her, let alone make the effort to entertain her... That is what stopped me from being okay with it. Because I couldn't live with myself knowing I didn't do everything within my power to make sure she was happy.

But what could I do?

They were married. The deal was sealed. Just a few hours ago even. She belonged to him now. She no longer had the luxury of choice. And I couldn't do anything to change that. Her parents were overjoyed at the idea of marrying their daughter off to a wealthy family. They didn't care what she wanted. To them marriage wasn't even about being happy. It was about being well-off, having an advantage in the world. Ever since the day they found out their baby was a girl, they had decided Sua's life for her. Her feelings didn't matter to them. She was a woman, so she should know her place. She was there to serve a man and bear his children if that's what he decided. Her happiness wasn't even a factor.

Love wasn't even a factor.

And, although we never said it out loud, I knew that's what we felt for each other. The feeling of my heart slowly cracking down the middle as I watched her down another glass of soju in a desperate attempt to numb the pain only further proved that. And what hurt even more was the way she looked over at me, so tired and depressed, saying "I love you."

She was drunk. But I knew she meant it. That's why I chose to take her back to my apartment and why I didn't stop her when she roughly pushed me up against the door after it shut, her lips smashing into mine. There was so much pent up emotion behind that kiss. She may have been angry about her situation, but I knew most of her aggression was from all those years of longing. All those years we knew each other and had to hold back from ever acting on our feelings.

All that desire built up into one kiss... then another... and another... until we were stumbling to my bedroom, our lips locked together as we tore off each other's clothes. If this was going to be the last night we ever saw each other, we didn't care about the repercussions. So I let her push me onto the bed and I watched as she finished undressing on top of me. She was just as beautiful as I always thought she would be and, had the circumstances been different, this would've been the happiest night of my life.

Instead, as I kissed all over her body, I savored every inch of her silky white skin with the bittersweet feeling that it would be our first and last. If I never got this chance again, I did everything I could to show her how much I loved her. To make her feel how much I loved her. And to make sure she would remember this night for the rest of her life.

"I love you too." I whispered softly in her ear as she came down from her high. I felt her muscles slowly relaxing underneath me as she took heavy, deep breaths after being overwhelmed by a rush of euphoria. The lazy smile I kissed off her lips told me that she was happy... if only it had the power to last an eternity. My only hope was that this moment could.

"Never forget that."

- I hate sad endings so if I happen to come up with an alternate ending I'll write a part 2. But no promises.