🐰 Locked Inside a Door - Part 3

And, just like that, we began asking each other questions. It was relatively simple and innocent at the beginning, like 'what's your favorite color' or 'what music do you like'. We talked about school and how different our lives were since we stopped hanging out. Minji actually seemed really attentive and wanted to know things about me that other people didn't know. It was weird, I really never thought someone like her would be that interested in someone like me.

The game took a turn when Minji decided to ask a question about today. "Why did you volunteer to help me?" She watched my reaction intently, seeming to genuinely want to know the answer. Right when I opened my mouth to talk, she said, "And don't give me something lame like 'it was the right thing to do'." I laughed because that's the initial excuse I was planning to use. "Assuming you knew it was me, why did you volunteer when you obviously thought I wasn't a good person?"

"Yah! I don't think you're a bad person!" I yelled and leaned forward to hit her shoulder. For a moment I was worried that she would be mad at me for my habit, but she just laughed.

When I started to pull my arm back, she put her hand underneath it so that I felt her finger tips against my skin. "I know. I'm messing with you." She squeezed my hand in hers before letting it go. My heart started beating rapidly in my chest and I nearly forgot what question she asked me.

I took a deep breath, looking at my hands in my lap. Now I just had to think of how to tell her that my gay self jumped at the chance to spend time alone with an attractive girl like her. "I don't know why I volunteered. I just did." I shrugged, hoping she couldn't tell how nervous I got.

"I don't believe you." She said seriously. I looked up at her to see her looking extremely intimidating. "I think there's a reason."

I swallowed and laughed awkwardly, not meeting her eyes. "It's kind of embarrassing." I admitted.

"I told you that I have a family collection of rilakkuma bears, what can be more embarrassing than that?" Minji joked and I laughed lightly.

Letting out a sigh, I said, "Maybe I just... wanted to... spend time with you?"

"Why?" She asked instantly.

"That's a second question, you have to answer first." I tried to reason.

"No, you didn't tell the whole truth." She leaned forward again, staring me down. "Why did you want to spend time with me?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head, angry at how stupid I was being. "Because I think you're attractive." I rushed out. And... there it was... She knew my true motives now.

The long following silence caused me to open my eyes again. For the first time tonight, Minji wasn't looking back at me. She seemed to be thinking and I was sure my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw a hint of a blush on her cheeks.

"That is such a shallow answer, I'm sorry." I spoke up. "I literally just said my expectations of you were bad and then admitted that I only agreed to help you because I think you're attractive... God, I'm so stupid." I wanted to bury myself right now.

"You're definitely not stupid." Minji said suddenly.

"How could you know, I'd say I'm coming off as a really bad person right now." I chuckled sarcastically, still mad at myself for saying anything.