FIRST WIN!!! 🏆🥳

Well... I guess I'm not disowning all of you.

DREAMCATCHER FIRST WIN!!!

I just felt the need to document this day and the thoughts and emotions that I'm having because, honestly, this is a historical moment. There's no doubt about that.

I've only been a fan of Dreamcatcher for a little less than 2 years but I fell for them quicker than any kpop group I've ever encountered. I think they became my ults only a month or 2 after I first checked them out. Now I'm not saying this to bore you guys with my InSomnia story because, honestly, I think the real people who should be sharing their stories are the OG Somnies. The ones who have been there for all those close second place wins or even the times when they barely sold 1,000 albums, because I know this means more to them than a lot of us will ever understand.

I'm just saying that Dreamcatcher hooked me in so quickly because I genuinely think they are possibly the best kpop girl group out there right now... for multiple reasons. Obviously now I'm biased and I think everything they do is amazing, but the reason they became like that for me is because I seriously think they are one in a million. There is not a single group that is quite as genuine AND talented AND unique as them. There are groups who may be more skilled in some aspects or stuff like that, but NO ONE has it all like them.

I'm a fan of many many groups and, not to be controversial here, but Dreamcatcher and maybe like 1 or 2 other groups are the only idols in the industry that I can trust with total confidence. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they would ever do anything problematic or hateful or wrong ever in their lives. I don't even think I've met people in my life that are as genuine as they are. I mean, you're talking about a group who go out of their way to thank anyone who ever helped them. Who are kind to everyone they come across to the point where they ended up befriending half the kpop industry. More than that, we're talking about a group who loves each other and their fans so much, they cry knowing that we're upset when they don't win.

Jiu who cries after hearing that she has made even just one single person's life better and who cries because her members are crying. Sua who loves her members so much that she doesn't want to go home for breaks because she would be away from them. Siyeon who sticks up for her members and suffers when she can't see fans in person because we mean that much to her. Handong who is so incredibly strong for living away from home. Who trusts her members with her life and who claims that they are the reason for her happiness, in addition to Somnies. Yoohyeon who never lets us forget just how loved and important we are to her and who couldn't bear the thought of not having her members who are like her second family. Dami who literally creates songs for us just to prove how much she loves us and who always protects her members. And finally, last but not least, Gahyeon, our precious little maknae who always says how grateful she is to have her older members there to lead her and her fans to bring her happiness.

There's about a million more things that I could say about them and certainly those traits could apply to all of them, but I think you guys get the gist. I'm preaching to the choir anyways 😭 It's just amazing to me that each and every one of them can be that kindhearted and it be that genuine. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that there exists a group of 7 people with such insanely big hearts.