🔮 Happy Birthday - Part 3

Standing in front of the hotel room door, I didn't even think to look through the peephole before opening it. This allowed the two members behind it to successfully surprise me with their sudden excited shouts of "Happy Birthday!" and their arms shoving large balloons and bags full of gifts in my face.

The sudden show of celebration startled me at first, making my heart jump in my chest, but once they moved the items out of the way, their beautiful smiles eased my heart rate. "Yah, you guys didn't have to do all this." I tried to act humble, but, I had to admit, the sweet smell wafting from one of the bags made it hard to conceal my excitement.

"Of course we did." Handong rolled her eyes before stepping inside the room to throw her arms around my shoulders. The bags held in her grasp hit my back, but I didn't mind, just pulling her in by the waist.

"Thank you, Princess." I whispered her favorite pet name before giving her an innocent kiss on the neck. It made her shiver and she leaned back a second later to respond with her own kiss, her lips capturing mine. I inhaled deeply as my eyes fluttered shut, allowing me to only focus on the feeling of her smooth, warm lips and how they made my heart pound against my ribcage. Handong's kisses were almost as sweet as she was... almost.

When we parted, I noticed Dami had already walked into the room to put the other gifts down on the desk and tv stand across from the bed Yoohyeon and Sua were still occupying. "It actually wasn't our idea." She said as I followed Handong over who placed the gifts in her hands neatly next to the others. The rapper faced me once I made my way to her and I cocked an eyebrow, silently asking who's idea it was. She smiled gently. "It was Gahyeon's." My chest warmed and I grinned at this revelation.

Gahyeon was always so thoughtful like that. I mean, they all were, but the maknae often went out of her way to do little things for me any chance she got. She never had any motive other than simply seeing the smile on my face as a result of her acts of kindness. And that small fact made me love her impossibly more.

"Speaking of," I started, letting Dami pull me into her with her fingers around the loops in my jean shorts. Normally she was the private type of person who only got intimate with me when we were alone, but she seemed too caught up in admiring the happiness evident on my face to care about the other members watching. Her lips cut my sentence in half, but I didn't mind in the slightest, sinking into her kiss. I smiled halfway through, finding her behavior adorable. It was obvious they were all feeling even more romantic than usual today given the occasion and that thought made me feel like a giddy teenager.

After Dami was satisfied, she leaned back, allowing me to continue. "Where is Gahyeon?" I asked, expecting her to be with the two who just showed up. My eyes drifted to the other three members in the room but they all appeared clueless.

I felt Dami lean back against the desk behind her and I looked over right when she responded, "You know how difficult she is to wake up in the mornings. She's probably just now getting ready." She shrugged. Though her words might've seemed like an insult, her voice was serious and I knew she was likely right. Still, the deadpan expression on her face made me let out a light laugh. Dami only smiled amusedly at her own statement when she heard the sound leave my mouth.

"Jagi." The sweet voice drew my eyes over to Handong who was watching me intently from the green, cushioned seat in the corner of the room, just past the edge of the desk. The pet name made my heart flutter. "You should open that one." Her finger directed me to the smallest gift bag placed next to the tv. If I had remembered correctly, it was the one that initially grabbed my attention just by the wonderful scent wafting from it.

"Right now?" I looked around the room, noting the three members missing. "Shouldn't we wait for everyone to get here?"

"No," Dami added, now sitting in the only other chair in the room, on the opposite end of the tv stand to my right, "you can open this one now." I looked down at her skeptically, but her face remained void of any ulterior motives. "It's not anything major." Her lips pursed into a gentle smile, so I chose to trust her.