Followed

.

Chapter Fourty-Five

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

School finally finishes and I dashed out the door as soon as the bell rang.

"Hey Violetta!" A girl calls coming out of the other classroom. She's just another annoying girl trying to snoop around, I bet...

"Violetta! Are the rumors true?!" Two other girls say about to come up to me.

I quickly shake my head and rush out the door. Everyone coming outside oddly stares at me. I fumble to get my keys out of my bag when someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Diego!?" I say pressing my hand to my heart. It was him. Just him.

"Hey Violetta... Look... I just want to say I'm sorry again..."

"Diego please-" I begin.

"No, Violetta, I need you to forgive me... I'm sorry this is happening to you... I never wanted this for you..."

"I-I have to go" I say not wanting to hear another word. Maybe I was being too harsh - but I really do have to leave...

"O-okay... I understa-" Diego glares past me and quickly ducks.

"Violetta, get in your car!"

I turn my head and see a group of men with cameras not far behind us. What do these people want?! I immediately spin back around before hearing the sound of a flash...

I quickly slam the car door and watch Diego crouching down beside the car.

My heart beats really fast. What if they manage to find us? He sees the paparazzi running towards our way and knocks on the car window. "You have to go! NOW!" He says faintly.

I can barely hear him beyond the glass but I know that's what he's saying.

"NOW!" He mouthes looking at me panicked.

I step on the gas and drive myself out of the school parking lot.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

*time lapse*

I was fortunate that the paparazzi didn't follow me home. This was getting out of hand. I didn't feel safe. Not even here in my own house.

I tip-toed upstairs into my room and climbed inside my bed. There was nothing I wanted to do other than to stay here curled up in this position.

My phone buzzed inside my pocket and I thought about picking it up. Who could it be? Who'd even want to talk to me?

I glanced at the screen making no effort to read the text. I solely focused on the contact name. Leon.

Did I want to talk to him? Yes... I had so much to say, and so much to ask him about. I needed answers from him, but he's been seeming distant.

I guided my finger over to the contacts button and looked for Leon's name. When I pressed his number, my breathing nearly stopped and my heart immediately started racing, almost as if it was about to burst through my chest.

"Hello?" I heard a calm voice utter at the end of the line.

"L-leon." My voice choked out by accident.

"Are you okay?"

"No." I answer under my breath. "I know you think I'm still mad... But I just need someone to talk to..."

"It's okay Violetta... Do you want to come over?" I heard him ask, noting a little nervousness in his tone.

"I can't..." I say thinking about the men with cameras again - following me everywhere, wanting know everything that I can't tell them.

"Do you want to talk somewhere?" He asks.

"Y-yeah." I say tugging the blanket closer to my chin.

"Meet me at the park then... We'll walk to a place nearby that I took you to a while ago..."

"Which place?"

"You'll see."

"O-ok." I obey. "I'll see you there."

I pressed end call and rested the phone on top of my chest. Could this really help me? -or is this just another opportunity for the paparazzi to find me and figure out who I am...

I might not get anything out of this except myself in trouble... but I'm willing to take that risk.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

Next chapter will be quite long... Hope you're excited 😁

~Mayma