Comforting

.

Chapter Fifty-Six

.

~Francesca's POV~

.

The bell caught me off guard as I stood up from my chair, rushing to get out of the classroom. I wiped the tears streaming down my face, hoping not to smear any eye makeup. At times like these, I feel too embarrassed to cry in front of people, so my only option is to isolate myself- and fast.

The classroom nearest to me was Beto's. Instantaneously, I closed the door behind me hoping no one had followed, and sunk down to the floor.

As I rested my back against the surface of the door, my hands reached for my face. At first, they were used to move a strand of hair from my eyes, but then they lingered there, covering my entire face and catching the fallen tears onto my palm. Soft, muffled sobbing escaped my mouth, soon making my throat feel a little dry.

I got up to get a drink of water when someone barged in with no delay.

"Francesca?" Leon asked eyeing my appearance with great worry.

"I-I..." I began, but instantly became cut off by him taking the hands that I was crying into. Engulfing me into a hug, Leon sedately rested his chin on the top of my head- an act that suddenly suppressed my sorrow.

Somehow this comforting feeling I was receiving from him was all I needed to feel better. It's almost as if the pain had subsided as quick as it came in.

"You okay?" He asked, when my arms had loosened around his waist by a fraction.

I wanted to nod and tell him it was with all my will, but my genuine thoughts and emotions out loud were something that demanded to be discussed, not kept underneath my skin.

"Hardly." I spoke out, feeling strange as this was the first time I had ever let anyone actually hear me - anyone who wasn't Violetta or Camila. "I don't know how I'll ever get over this, seeing as this is my entire fault"

"You're a strong girl" Leon held my arms. "Don't let this guilt take over you, you know, it's not your fault" He told me.

"Violetta has never hated me this much... Isn't it my fault for being so stupid and breaking our long-term friendship?"

"You may think so, but it isn't the end. If you want to be there for her, you can't just give up, Fran. We all make mistakes we regret, and if Violetta was really your best friend, don't you think she would understand you if you two talked it out?"

Leon had a point. My hopes to make up with Violetta were set at a high bar. Of course, I wanted to be friends with her, but it would just get harder, knowing I'd have to leave her soon enough.

"When the time comes, you two will make up... You've been best friends for years, so why end something on a bad note?"

I nodded, arranging my bag over my shoulder. Seeming as though there was a decision to make, I decided to leave our conversation there. Closer to Leon was something I had never expected to become. It felt nice that a celebrity like him, could act like a normal person for once.

"You're right... Thanks Leon." I said, letting out one last breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. He smiled, opening the door before me. We walked out in silence, and a brief feeling of relief came over me, quickly blanketed by a fearful state of mind.

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

*earlier*

Not knowing where to go, I wandered around the parking lot of the school, slowly progressing further from the person I thought I could trust. All this news came crashing on me too abruptly. My brain still took hardship in processing everything and understanding why?

The faint snap of a branch drew my attention as I realized someone behind me had now been following me. Panic instantly strung through my mind. Diego appeared, stepping from behind a bush, and being the reclusive person I was, I quickly took off.

Diego immediately noticed my alarmed response and ran after me, shouting for me to go back.

He caught up to me at last as I attempted to cross the street.

"Violetta, c'mon come back to school!"

"I won't." I said, finality in my voice. It was my way of saying that I was already done with this conversation.

"Violetta, stop walking and talk to me!" He grabbed my arm and held it firmly. I tried shaking it off but I gave up as the crossing light was already back to red.

"Diego, I just want to be alone!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Don't you understand that, besides Francesca, you are the last person I want to talk to!?"

"Violetta" Diego spoke calmly. He looked at me with sympathy and I realized all he was trying to do was help me. That's the thing about my anger- When I'm upset, it's directed towards blameless people, no matter whom.

Diego began pulling me away from the streets, and I let him. He led me to a bench, where I sat down, my back against the cold wood.

Clutching pieces of my hair, I sat with my body slanted, staring straight down as tears began to spill onto my lap.

"Don't cry please. You're stronger than this." Diego said holding one of my shaking legs, which only caused it to shake more.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, hearing my voice break slightly.

"No need to say that." He said wiping my tears from my eyes. "I just want you to be happy"

"Yeah, I'll try." I smiled, nodding my head.

"Good." He told me. "Everything will be okay, Violetta. Francesca loves you like a sister"

"She wouldn't do the things she did if she loved me" I spoke frowning.

"Everyone makes mistakes, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Forgive Francesca, she's been your best friend since you were young"

My eyes cast down, as his comment evoked me. I didn't know whether to listen to Diego's advice.

"You need to make up with her, and let her say everything she needs to say."

"Why should I?" I defended.

"Because if you don't hear her out, you'll regret it... People are made of mistakes... It's time to forgive and forget."

"I don't think it's the right time." I said honestly.

"Then wait for a little while, and when the time comes, you two will talk." He placed his finger under my chin and slowly lifted my head to meet his steady gaze.

"Thanks for that, Diego." I whispered. "I never knew you were that comforting"

"You're welcome..." He responded, throwing an arm over me to shelter me from the cold. I buried my head into his chest, snuggling closer to hear the beat of his heart. He kissed me on the side of my head softly before we both got up moments later, and held hands back to the studio.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Sorry if this chapter seemed rushed❤️I wrote this chapter three times... Twice with Leon and Diego's pov, then I decided to change it into Violetta and Francesca's pov, so I hope you like it?

P.S: I'll try my best to follow the schedule this weekend💫
Any thoughts on what happened in this chapter?☺️💭

~Mayma