Our Mistakes

.

Chapter Fifty-Four

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

As Leon looked at me after Cami had spilled the secret, I felt needles pricking at my insides, causing me to stiffen in angst. He was without words for the first few seconds, either trying to take in the information or checking the look on my face to see if it was really true. I took in a puff of air and spoke in a low voice.

"Um, Cami... Why don't you go back to sleep?"

She snuggled into the blanket she now noticed had been wrapped over herself and obliged. "Okay!"

It seemed like there had been a pause during the moment before we went back to hearing Cami's faint snores.

"So... Is it true?" He asked surprisingly calm. I built up the courage and turned towards him as his hazel eyes stared into mine. A chill came through me... What was so bad about telling him, honestly? We kissed once and became friends after that? There isn't anything between us that has to make this seem bigger than it actually is.

"Something may have happened between us" I answered casually hoping my nervousness wasn't too apparent. "But it meant nothing... For me at least"

"Oh" He breathes out staring at his lap. Him taking his attention off of my face did make the tension fade little by little.

"Listen..." I continued as his face lifted to hear me out. "I made a mistake with Diego, and you once made a mistake with Lara... It happens"

"Yeah" He sighs. "You're right; being with Lara was a mistake" He relaxed and scooted closer to me. Maybe I made him feel better somehow?

"I agree" I whispered under my breath hoping it was heard only by myself after saying it. He stared at me oddly as I realized it wasn't said quiet enough.

"I mean- it must've felt like that for you" I re-worded my statement.

"Yeah." He replied checking on Camila. She was still asleep, occasionally turning or moving her head closer to the pillow. I looked as well, not realizing he had already moved close enough next to me.

"But being with you isn't." He whispered. He didn't look at me, instead he was glancing at the nature outside through the blinds of the windows.

"W-what?" I spoke out, confused. He turned his head over to the couch Cami had been sleeping on, when I noticed she had woken up for the second time.

"Woah, what happened my head's spinning" Cami grabbed the side of her temple, and groaned.

"Cami, I said, you need to sleep!" I reminded her frustratedly. Frankly, I wasn't quite happy that she kept waking up and interrupting my conversation with Leon at the most awkward times.

"No, I'm up" She folded her arms and pouted like a child.

"I'll go then" Leon suggested. "Talk to you later?" His hand briefly reached for my waist, a form of contact I wasn't very familiar with by him, but I let it slide.

"S-sure" I stuttered. I ran to the door and shut it tight after he departed.

Being with me isn't? What is this guy trying to play at? First, he's avoiding me, then he's trying to confess his feelings for me?

I was confused, not knowing if I should take this as a sign. There is no way Leon Vargas could have feelings for me!

Our worlds are entirely different, and I just wish someone else besides myself could see that... He's famous and I'm not. We can't like each other like that. We've given so much just to build up our friendship and the last thing I want to be thinking about, is the fact that he could like me...

It just can't be.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

This is a short chap, but I kinda like it...

Okay, I'm never confident with my chapters but I'll start to be less judgemental😌

Do you still think Leonetta is going to happen? Or are you on team Dieletta?❤️

~Mayma