Back again

.

Chapter Thirty-Nine

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

I sat down next to Camilla and noticed Fran sitting alone in the corner.

"So... You're going to try to make up with her today?" She asks twirling a strand of her hair.

I nod. "Today... After class I'll talk with her" I assure her. In response, she gives me a little smile.

Leon walks in and picks a seat next to me.

"Hey" I smile. I hope he's still forgiving after the party incident.

"Hey" He answers. I can't say things aren't a little awkward between us. We kissed and we're acting like we're still the same friends we were before.

Looking at Leon reminds me of something... A weird memory from the party...

"Hey Leon, I think... Diego told me at the party that he's in love with me?"

"He does?" He asks narrowing his gaze.

"I-I don't know... He was drunk anyways so that might explain it..."

"Yeah... He says stupid things when he's drunk..." He shrugs.

"Stupid? what are you talking about... Saying you love someone is sweet..." I explain to him. What is with this guy and his commitment issues?

"You don't like him, do you?" He asks with a furrowed brow. I stare at his expression bewilderedly, noting the eagerness in his voice.

I momentarily glance at Diego heading over to sit by Francesca. He greets her with a smile and waits patiently for the lesson to start.

"No! You don't have to ask, are you jealous?" I scoff trying to focus on one thing at a time.

"No... Of course not" He scoffs back leaving a wider space between us as he shifts his position turning his front away from me.

Of course not. Is it really that easy for Leon to know he doesn't like me?! I don't know why thinking about that hurts me, but it does.

"Okay whatever, forget we talked about this" I say. He turns towards me only to give me a weird look, then shakes his head and directs his gaze towards the lesson.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Hey Francesca" I say walking up to her after the bell sounds.

"Hi..." She pushes her book into her backpack and starts walking out the classroom.

"Look... I know you're still mad about-"

She continues walking a little faster.

I catch up to her and wait to talk to her until she reaches her locker.

"Hey, I know you're mad at me for... That thing I did to you... But I just really need you to listen to me!"

She ignores me and puts all her books into her locker.

"Look, I'm really-"

Each time she puts a book in, she bangs it against the locker, trying to fit them all in without them falling down.

"I said I'm-"

Some of the books fall to the ground so she picks it up and shoves it into the locker again.

"Francesca, I just wanted to say that I'm-"

She tries closing the locker but the books are too full. The thin locker won't budge...