Air and Space

.

Chapter Twenty-One

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

I get home and throw my bag on top of the couch. I groan and head upstairs to my room.

When I reach the bedroom, I sit down on the end of my bed, and threw my head in my hands.

Today sucked. All these girls had been annoying the hell out of me... I could barely wake up this morning since yesterday my phone went off buzzing with multiple text messages in the middle of the night...

"Omg! Are you and Diego an item?" One text said.

"Wow! Do you know if Diego likes you?" Another read.

Ugh it's always gotta be about him. He's suddenly this guy who has made me seem popular...

And don't even get me started on Leon. He's just...

I hear a knock on my door and look up. Angie is smiling beside the doorframe. She slowly opens the door more wide.

"Hey Vilu"

"Erm... Hi"

"So how was your day today?"

I wanted to say I hated it. I wanted to say it was terrible.

"Pretty good..."

"That's great" she says walking inside and sitting beside me.

"So..." She says looking down at her lap. "I tried to find you at lunch today, you know since teachers get a chance to talk to students after class"

"Yeah I know that... Sorry I was eating outside..." I mumble the last part.

"Oh..." She says. "By yourself?"

"Erm..." I don't really want her involved in my situation. "No, I was with...Fran..."

"Oh ok..." She says looking down.

We sat in an awkward silence.

"So I hear girls at school are talking about you over something?"

"Oh um... Yeah... Just a silly little rumor though"

"Is it causing you any trouble?"

"No, I'm really fine."

"You seem troubled... Is it stress?"

"I don't think so..." I respond.

"I can see you're maybe stressed about the duet assignment tomorrow?"

"Umm..." I think of Leon. Ugh I'm gonna have to sing with him tomorrow for our final grade on the duet....

"Yeah maybe I'm a little stressed, but that isn't the main thing"

"Is it because of those girls?" She asks sighing. "Vilu, I want to make sure no girls are bullying you-"

"What?!" I let out a laugh. "I'm not being bullied! It's really nothing you have to deal with Angie"

"But Vilu, what are these girls even talking about?"

"Nothing! It's none of your business actually!" I let out.

"Vilu..." She says softly trying to calm me. "Look, I just wanted to be helpful for you just incase anything was going on-"

"I don't need your help! Okay?! I get that you and my dad are getting married, but I don't need you to be acting like a mother figure towards me! You'll never be like her. No one can replace my mom" I get up and storm out of my room downstairs.

I walked down the steps feeling a whole lot of guilt. I decided to ignore it and get my jacket from the closet downstairs and walk out of the house.

I just need some air. And some space.

But where could I go?

I start walking until I reach a bench outside of a familiar looking building.

I stare at the ground and take deep breaths . Maybe I shouldn't have lashed out on Angie... She's a nice woman... She was only just trying to help me.

I eventually calm down until I hear a voice behind me.

"Hey. What are you doing here by yourself?"

---

who wants me to update twice today? ☺️

I think I have time🙌

x