Even

.

Chapter Thirty-Six

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

Crap... I made a mistake, haven't I? How can I fix this!? I'm probably still drunk, I don't want to say anything hurtful...

I tried to run after Leon but Camilla caught my arm.

"Vilu? What happened to Francesca?"

"I... I hurt her feelings... It was kinda a mistake"

"What did you do?" She asks.

"I... I sort of... Kissed Leon"

"YOU WHAT?"

I covered her mouth and lead her to a more quieter area.

"Oh my god! You kissed him! You kissed a celebrity!? Did he kiss back?! I have so many questions! Explain!"

"Yeah, I kissed him to make Fran jealous because she likes him, and yes he kissed me back, and then he saw Fran crying and he figured it all out and now he's mad at me"

"Oh Vilu" Cami pulls me into a hug.

"Look Camilla, I got to go..."

"Vilu! Don't go! You'll say something you regret if you talk to them drunk like this!"

"I'll be fine!" I yell.

I ran to the backyard to go search for Leon.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

.

~Leon's POV~

.

I found Francesca and Diego sitting down beside the pool lounge chairs and comforting each other.

"Francesca, Diego... I-"

"Look Jerk" Diego gets up. "I'm going to try not punching you in the face, only because Francesca's here crying because of you, so I wouldn't be here trying to explain yourself if I were you"

"Violetta kissed me, I had no idea"

"You know what, we're taking this somewhere else." Diego says. "You're not talking to Francesca, you've done enough"

"C'mon Diego let me-" I try to speak but Diego cuts me off.

"No, you talk to me. Leave her alone, Leon" Diego says his eyes full of rage.

"Fine." I settled.

Diego and I walk over to the porch. I can tell he's resisting pinning me against the wall.

"Diego look-"

"You kissed her..."

"It didn't mean anything..."

"Of course it means something!"

"She was drunk! It was a drunken kiss, she didn't know what she was doing! It meant nothing for her"

"But you kissed her" He grits his teeth. "It meant something for you"

I stiffened up. Maybe it did mean something. Maybe I was falling for her at the time, but now all I feel for her is hatred.

"It doesn't matter... I don't like how she used me just to make Francesca jealous..." I say. "But I'm practically doing the same to her, so I guess that'll make us even"

"You're still following your plan of using her to get to know her dad?" He asks. "Wow, I guess you really are the jerk"

"Yeah, I am... Besides, I still need to get my reputation up, so even if it means I have to deal with being close to her again, I will do it for me."

"Huh" He laughs. "So I guess you're back to secretly using her again and she's back to being completely oblivious of everything?"

I just nod my head.

"Phew. Thank god." He smirks. "And I was beginning to think you were gonna end up having feelings for her and it would be some kind of twisted love story"

"That was never going to happen" I say. But was it? Maybe there were a little feelings deep inside but would it have turned into a relationship?

"Well then, thanks a lot! Here have this beverage, it'll get your mind off Violetta" Diego teases as he tosses me a beer.

"No thanks Diego" I say.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

I stumble my way over to the back door, and look for Leon. I could see Francesca in the background.

She had tears flowing down her cheeks like a stream. I had never seen her with puffy eyes and a red face before. I had a sudden surge of kneeling down beside her and comforting her, but I didn't know If she would want to talk. All I knew was that I couldn't feel enough for guilt for hurting her, she was and still is, my best friend.

I ran towards her but someone held me back. I turn around and touch noses with Leon.

"Leon! Oh my gosh! Please hear me out, I didn't know what had come over me when I kissed you to make Fran jealous, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, it was a stupid drunk decision-"

"I forgive you"

"Wh-what? You do?" I ask with a little denial.

"Yeah... You were drunk, the whole thing was a mistake" He sighs.

"Do you really feel that way, Leon?" I ask nervously, my volume suddenly becoming quiet.

"What do you mean?"

"It's not like you had feelings for me or anything, right?" I ask softening my tone.

"N-no"

"What am I saying" I manage a little laugh. "Of course not"

"Yeah" He answers casually.

"Okay... Are we friends again?" I ask with a little hope in my voice.

"Friends" He smirks.

"Thanks, Leon. You're one of the greatest guys I know" I smile.

He loses a little sense of composure in his eyes for a moment, but then continues smiling at me as I wrap my arms around his neck for a warm embrace.

I suddenly become dizzy and my head alters my balance. Right now, Drunkenness is my biggest obstacle. I can't think straight and all I can desire is to forget everything and have more...

"What's wrong" He asks.

"N-nothing, I-I'm okay! Let's go party!" I grin pulling him inside.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I'm losing inspiration for this book Oh. Nooooo😔

I'm sorry I'm trying to make this work, I used to love updating this book but now it's like 'ehhhhhh'😩

I might update tomorrow... Or possibly next week :/

We'll see 👐

🙌~Mayma