Beach Parties

.

Chapter Fifty-One

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

*a week later*

Last night I remember sending Francesca like twenty messages... I knew she was mad about something but since we weren't talking, I had no clue what it was.

Thankfully, at least one of my friends was able to be by my side... Camilla came over and we had a sleepover a day after she had came from the airport.

I nudged Camilla who I knew wasn't still sleeping. It wasn't hard to tell that she was using her phone under the blanket, seeing as though there was a bright screen penetrating through the fabric. Typical Cami.

"Hey wake up" I lightly tap on her blanket until she finally notices my actions.

"I'm up!" She exclaims staring at me wide-eyed. While rubbing her eyelids, she yawns. "Oh wow, it's sunday..."

"Yep." I confirm rising from bed and arranging the blanket.

"Ugh. School tomorrow."

"Yeah." I sigh thinking about something fun we could do. "Wanna go to the boardwalk by the beach?"

"To walk?"

"Nah, I was thinking we could go swimming"

"Ooh, sounds fun" She smiles indulging in my idea.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

Cami and I drove the convertible. We released the top off the car and rode to the beach, letting the wind blow our hair wildly while we listened to the radio.

"Hey does your dad know we're at the beach?"

"Oh shoot. I forgot to tell him."

I pulled out my phone and texted him when we were at the beach.

"Okay, I did it... Now let's carry our blankets!"

The sun wasn't shining to our benefit, nor was there the hottest temperature there'd be on a typical Argentinian day. We walked over to a spot in the sand where the shade of the clouds hadn't cast a shadow. Cami lay her pink blanket over the hot surface and immediately began her sun-bathing session.

"C'mon Cami, we can't sun-bathe the whole time!" I teased her slipping off my loose, white top.

I pulled my hair out from the back of my shirt, and adjusted my black bikini top.

"Can we swim in like 5 minutes" She requests soaking her skin in the sunshine.

"Okay, okay" I abided by her choice laying next to her on my blue blanket.

We bathed under the sun for a while until it got dark.

"Damn those clouds!" Cami snarls lifting herself off the blanket quickly.

"Can we swim now?" I plead. I couldn't wait to dive into the deep, blue water.

"Fine! Last one inside the water is a rotten egg!" Cami tested, nudging me lightly and sprinting towards the waves. She clearly wanted a race, and I was glad to give her one!

I sped towards the shore, following Cami from behind and took off my blue shorts.

After that, I reached the water first while Cami was still trying to pry her sandals off her feet.

"No fair Castillo! You tripped me into the sand" Cami laughs splashing a bunch of sea water at my face.

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm faster than a rotten egg" I tease sticking out my tongue.

She splashes more salty water at my face and this time I can taste it. "Gross!"

"That's what you get!" She chuckles about to swim away.

"Oh, it's on!" I laugh pushing a giant wave towards her.

We spent most of the time throwing water at each other's faces rather than actually swimming. The water being slightly cold wasn't a problem at all. Especially since the sun was heating our faces and necks.

"How deep are we going?" I asked Cami as she kept swimming towards the ocean.

"What? You afraid of sharks?" Cami snickered still swimming.

We heard loud hollers and the sound of music playing from a stereo somewhere out in the distance.

"Hey, looks like someone's having a beach party?"

"Oh shit, we better go protect our stuff"

Cami and I swam fast towards shore. When we reached the sand, we sprinted to grab our bag and clothes.

"Who is that?" Cami whispered compressing all the water out of her hair into her towel.

"I have no idea... Do we know them?"

"Maybe..." Cami murmurs looking at me quizzically.

"Should we go see if we can hang out with them?" I suggest holding the beach bag tightly against my chest.

"Hmm... Great idea! Let's go!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

I wasn't going to publish this chapter at first because it still needs editing, but I decided to suck it up and try to follow the schedule so here's another chap🌸 sorry if there's grammar mistakes!

~Mayma