Betrayal

.

Chapter Fifty-Five

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

Cami and I walked to school for one of the first times, and spoke along the way. She said she felt bad about telling Leon about the kiss, but I couldn't blame her for being ridiculously drunk at the time.

When we finally got to school, Leon and Diego were talking by the front entrance. I looked at Cami who patted me on the back and smiled sympathetically.

"Good luck, tiger" She gave me a little push towards their direction and I immediately felt a sense of fear overcome me.

"Oh hey Vilu" Leon and Diego greeted me in unison. It was almost creepy- and I think the two of them noticed it too, because they were now eyeing each other strangely, as if the other was an alien.

"Um, hey guys" I mumbled awkwardly adjusting my bag full of books over my shoulder.

"Need help carrying your books?" They both reached forward to help me, but then retracted their hands back slowly.

There was immediate tension present in the room as the two of them met eyes. Leon, arched an eyebrow while Diego folded his arms.

"I'm good." I huffed out, feeling nerves when they both looked back at me. "I'm just gonna go to class, um... see you later"

I ran away from that situation faster than I expected. Things were just building up to be even more awkward and uncomfortable. I wish it didn't have to be like this between them...

From one weird situation to the next, I found myself in one of the narrow hallways, face-to face with Francesca and two of her new friends. The girls saw me and scrambled away quickly, knowing what drama was about to arouse.

"Hey ex-bestfriend" I greeted in a harsh tone. Honestly, nothing she could say to me mattered anymore, especially after all those messages I left her that had all been ignored.

"Um, hi." She answered back refusing to respond with her eyes. She looked towards the ground as if she had found something so amazing, that she couldn't keep her eyes off of it.

"Look at me when I talk to you" I demanded softly. I shook my head as she pulled her chin up and watched me talk.

"Where were you?" I asked trying to hold back my tears. Crying in front of her would make me seem weak, and I wouldn't want her to think I was miserable without her. "You never called, or texted or even came to me at all for weeks!"

"I know" She utters crossing her arms.

"Is that all you can say!? You have no idea what I have been through these past few days..."

She started to open her mouth but no words had came out. I took the opportunity to end our conversation abruptly.

"You're a terrible friend, Francesca." I stormed off to class before I let her see me weep. It was such a awful feeling knowing I had officially lost my best friend, but I would learn to move on.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

.

~Diego's POV~

.

After my casual talk with Leon, I ran off to find Violetta in the classroom. I just needed a minute to talk to her...

I heard the sound of loud crying from the classroom nearest to me, and turned around following the wails.

Francesca dabbed a tissue under her eyes and sat next to the window.