Late Night Phone Calls

.

Chapter Thirty-Two

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

I could hear his exhausted voice at the other end of the line.

"Violetta?... It's almost twelve o'clock in the night... Why are you calling now?"

"S-sorry... I didn't mean to... I-I just... Never mind-"

"Wait... Talk to me... What's wrong?"

"My dad... He's getting married next weekend..."

"What? How?"

"I don't know... They just decided to have an early wedding out of nowhere and it's just too much for me to handle right now!"

"Hey, don't worry, you'll be fine, you're stronger than this"

"Leon, I can't do it. I can't go... I don't want to watch my dad get married and... then just have his heartbroken again? I'm so mad at him for doing this..."

"Violetta.... you're sure Angie is as bad as you think?"

"I just don't like the fact I have to be calling her 'mom' sooner than I would've"

"Listen, I know you're still hurting because.. Of your birth mother, but... Just think about Angie... You're kind of making this tough on her"

"She deserves it"

"Why?"

"I-I don't know... I just tend to see bad things in women my dad date... They always want his money... They never love him and it breaks his heart."

"I get you're scared... But you are able to go... You can't run away from it. From your dad, from your situation."

"I can't do this by myself Leon"

"...What are you saying?"

"I want you to come"

"Y-you do?" His voice sounding of shock.

"Please Leon! I need you! Fran left me, we're not friends anymore and she's the only person I thought I would need at situations like this... But I don't have her and so I-"

"I'd be honored... To accompany you"

I could feel the corners of my lips rising.

In the few seconds of hesitation, not a word was exchanged. We remained connected on the line in a comfortable silence.

"Wow..." I finally spoke. "That's quite an elegant way to receive the invitation"

"I know..." He laughs. "Well that's what you'll have to say if a 'Princess' invites you to be her company"

"Ugh. You're seriously still on that nickname?" I shook my head.

"Like I said: It suits you"

"Well, you suit an 'annoying teenage celebrity with a maturity of a nine year old' so should I call you that?" I smirked pressing the phone closer to my ear.

"Ouch" He says in a fake hurt tone.

"Okay, well I'll leave you at that." I smiled. "Goodnight"

"Haha. Night."

"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow at school" I say.

"Sweet dreams" He whispers.

The barest hint of a smile escapes from my lips as I struggle to reply to his words. I open my mouth to respond but right at that moment, he hangs up the phone.

All I could think about was the fact that Leon told me to have sweet dreams? Leon. Hm. Strange. It seems as though all my phone calls with him end up weird...

I clutch the phone to my chest, rest my head back onto my pillow and slowly shut my eyes...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

☺️

A very short yet 'leonetta'-y filled chapter, i guess :P

(*whispers* your welcome) 🙌

Just a reminder: I have a 4 day holiday for thanksgiving break this weekend, so I will be able to update a little more☺️ yay

{which book should i focus on updating¿🙈}

😏😉😋

💗~Mayma