Him

.

Chapter Fifty-Two

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

Unaware of everything going on, Cami and I walked towards the beach with our bags slung over our shoulder. The quiet, empty location where we had come to relax was now a buzzing spot filled with loud teenagers in swimsuits. To my prediction, Cami had already picked up that eccentric look on her face- a look of excitement and exhilaration for what adventure we were about to embark.

"How did they get to the beach so fast?" I ask in awe.

"I don't know... Now be quiet and play it cool!" Cami shushes, nudging me in the elbow just as a tall, tanned blonde came up to greet us.

Cami blushes at the young stranger as he approached us shirtless. Clearly, he looked like he belonged around here- at a beach. He wore beads and a shark tooth around his neck, and in between one of his arms, he carried a long, white surfboard. To put it into right words, this guy would fit perfectly into the category of a stereotypical 'surfer boy'.

"Hey ladies! Welcome to Felipe's party!" His bright blue eyes locked on Cami's as he spoke. "You two seem like rad chicks, you're from our school, right?"

I wasn't comfortable lying to this guy -- or any stranger in fact -- so I couldn't help but tell him the truth... But before I could say a word, Cami butted in.

"Yeah, of course we're from your school!" Cami smiles at the boy flirtatiously. "Felipe sure seems like a cool guy for throwing such a sweet party!" She adds.

When we thought the blonde-haired cutie was casually going to let us in, he bursts into laughter instead.

"W-what's so funny?" Cami questions, a nervous tone in her voice.

"You two aren't from our school, are you?" The boy assumes in a doubtful manner.

"W-Why would you say that?" Cami shakes next to me- A common sign shown whenever she's high-strung.

To make up for Cami's lie, I quickly intervened.

"Yeah, sorry we're not! I'm Violetta and this is Camilla... We were just looking for a little fun..."

"That's cool! You chicks are welcome to party with us anyways!" He flashes a grin at us and that was when we noticed his shiny, white pearls for teeth. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Felipe." Once more, his gaze directs toward Cami.

"Wait... You're Felipe?" Cami raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah... I'm the cool guy that threw this party" He teases quoting her previous words.

"And you talk to yourself in third-person?" Cami laughed referencing to the time he welcomed us to his own party.

"Felipe always does that." He winks making Cami giggle.

"Anyways, I'll get you two drinks and I'll introduce you to some of my friends" He tells us- probably trying to impress us. It's pretty sweet of him. Typically, guys trying to be 'impressive' can seem pathetic to other girls, but I have always found it adorable.

"Okay." Cami smiles waving at him dreamily as he walks off.

She abruptly turns around and yells: "I call Dibs on him!"

"What?! That's no fair" I cross my arms. Cami and I always have arguments about this. Who gets the guy? Though, we usually settle it with the 'Who-saw-him-first' rule.

"You snooze, you lose" She smirked adverting her attention back to him. I made an exception this time.

"Whatever, I'd never fall for a beach boy anyways... Not my type, in my opinion" I say.

"Same here... But you gotta admit; Their butts are nice!" She laughs staring at his bum.

"Cami!" I slapped her shoulder right before Felipe returned with a group of guys.

"C'mon girls, don't be shy. Here's a beer." He tossed each one of us a bottle and we began to party- hard.

During the party we met a bunch of cool, new people. Some of them had been doing shots, and, after a little consideration, we ended up joining them. The party had become more fun than I expected... I couldn't help thinking that I always wanted to be this happy. After dancing through four songs, I took a rest over at the bartender's stool under the beach hut.

Felipe had been flirting with Camilla the whole time, it was obvious they both had a thing for each other.

Felipe glanced at me and went over towards where I was sitting.

"Hey beautiful, having fun?"

"Yeah, I sure am." I said finishing my tropical drink. Apparently, Felipe's whole party was island-themed, so all the beverages were decorated with pineapples, and came with colorful little umbrellas.

"I don't want you to be alone, so I want to introduce you to one of my best buddies..."

"Really? Why?" I ask staring at him suspiciously. His idea was a little alien to me, considering we had only met an hour before.

"I'm doing you a favor, okay? I'm pretty sure you two will really hit it off." He winks before leaving to go find his friend.

I smile to myself and think- this is the most fun I've had in quite a long time. Not dealing with the drama from all my old friends and enemies is like having a weight lifted off my shoulders for a while. The feeling I'm having is refreshing- like there is nothing and no one that could ruin this moment...

"Hey Vilu, I found my friend." Felipe says causing me to turn around.

I set my empty cup down and look up, only to see horrible memories flashing through my head. Oh god, It was him. The last person I had ever wanted to see on the face of this earth.

"Alex, this is Violetta. Violetta this is my best friend, Alex!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***