Harsh words.

.

Chapter Eighteen

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

"Violetta!" Fran says coming up to me.

"Heyy Fran"

"You didn't text me last night?"

"No sorry... Erm... Homework"

"Oh... awh it's okay" she smiles nodding.

"I'll talk to you later Fran, okay? It looks like I have to go practice the duet assignment-"

"Ooh! With LEON" she smirks wiggling her shoulders at me and nudging me with an elbow.

"Yeah...that guy" I groan frowning.

"Aw! How cute! Okay, I will see you later then! Text me!"

"Erm... Okay"

.

I peek inside the room and find it empty.

"Of course..." I thought. "He's always gotta be late to our practice..."

I roll my eyes and enter the room to put down my bag.

"Oh hey Violetta-"

"AHH!"

I quickly press my hand against my chest and breath out and in.

"You... Nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry" Leon says standing up with his guitar.

He starts laughing at my reaction.

"Not funny! Don't scare me like that!"

"Chill..."

I cross my arms and sit down.

"Fine... Let's get started with this now that I see that you are finally early for once!"

"Hey! I'd say I make it on the right time!"

"I beg to differ..." I murmur in a low voice.

"Okay okay! I'll be better on time! Now let's rehearse, shall we?"

While gritting my teeth and sighing, I slowly walk over to the piano.

I turn it on and start to play some notes.

***

abrazamé

quiero despertarme y entender

Soon or later, we finished practicing.

"That was great" He smiles.

"Yeah sure..."

"Hey, you okay?"

"Leon... Don't try to act like I'm not still mad at you" I say frowning at him.

"Oh.... Right... I just thought that we could leave it all behind? Why can't we?" He says stepping closer.

"No. I'm sorry. Let's just try to get a good grade on this assignment and then not talk to each other..." I begin to pack all my music sheets inside my bag.

"Violetta, I don't want to be like this..."

"I'd prefer that you keep away from me... I don't know you... And you don't know me"

"I know all I need to know about you" he says holding my arms.

I stare into his eyes and scoff. I frown shaking my head.

"I don't know what is it that you want from me... But you won't get it okay? Stop trying to be so desperate! I'd never go out with you!"

His smile fades and he looks at me in a weird, angry sort of way.

"Woah... Erm.... You got the wrong idea...." He says slightly chuckling.

"I just don't understand why you are so interested in me!" I shout.

"I'm not!" He says a little harshly.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I'd never date a fan! At least, not an ugly one..."

Wow... He really just went there.

"Th-thanks a lot then..." I manage to say after a moment of shock.

"Hey, I didn't mean...-"

He tries to speak but I'm already out the door with my bag over my shoulder.

.

~Leon's POV~

.

As soon as Violetta's out the door, I stare at the ground.

What just happened?

For one, she actually rejected me? I don't mind it much because I'm not really into her... But it did leave a little scar...

And two... I called her "ugly". I possibly broke every single guy/girl code there is. Now how am I supposed to make her forgive me?! Stupid move, Leon, stupid move.

Right then, Andres comes in and smiles at me.

"Hey! So how did practice go with that girl?"

"She officially hates me."

"Why?!"

"I might have accidentally called her 'ugly'"

Andres lets out a huge sigh and bulges his eyes.

"Yeah... Erm... Good luck getting out of that one" he pats my shoulder.

.

Violetta's POV

.

Ugh Leon is a monster. I can't believe he is liked by half the teenage girls in the population, even though he's a complete jerk!

I will never get over those words. I felt a whole lot of pain in my stomach. Why am I so hurt by his opinion on me? It's not like I ever cared about what he thinks about me. Do I?

I run to the door ignoring the 'wet floor' sign and slip on the water.

I'm falling now. There is no way I'm gonna recover from this fall if I land on my head. I begin falling fast backwards, my head inches away from the hard ground. I'm expecting to feel a tough surface but instead two warm hands lift my shoulders from behind just in time and catch me in their arms.

I look up and blink my eyes.

"You..."