Jungkook's story

Jungkook's history with his dad

There is a reason why Jungkook hated his dad and didn't get along with his mother, at first. I highlighted a key issue that was within the story. Only 12 people got it right. He was a victim of neglect.

Both of his parents neglected him before the separation, but after his father walked out on them, Jungkook's mother neglected him even more due to her husband walking out on them, it left a mental toll on her. She was somewhat focused but lost in her own pain that she forgot that Jungkook himself was suffering because of his father's abrupt exit and struggled to come to terms with it. He witnessed his parents arguing day and night, but it affected him even more after his father left. He grew to hate his father since then and his mother, afterwards, as she kept pushing him away and neglected Jungkook as well as his feelings.

However, his whole life turned upside down when his mother started bringing different men home to help ease the pain she was going through after her marriage breakdown. Up until that point, Jungkook's mother stopped caring about Jungkook (which led to more neglect). All she cared about was herself and how to get rid of her pain instead of helping Jungkook and actually stepping up as his mother.

Jungkook had enough. He had enough of his mother, his father and the world. He needed to put himself first. He thought about his feelings and the way it didn't matter to anybody, whatsoever. Something inside him snapped to the point where it was becoming very overwhelming for him, so he decided to take matters into his own hands. In order to distract himself from his home life, he decided to become a playboy.

He found that becoming a playboy concealed his pain and helped him to become confident. People started to bring him closer instead of pushing him away and that's what he wanted. He also needed attention — that's what he received, until he met Eunji.

When he met Eunji and discovered her home life, he wanted to support her the way she wanted to be supported and love her the way she wanted to be loved. As his parents couldn't do that for him, he wanted to do that for Eunji. As long as Eunji was happy, that was all that mattered and was enough for him.

At the start of the story, we see the relationship between Jungkook and his father. Jungkook did not forgive his father for what he put him and his mother through. Even though his father wanted to be there for him, it could not fix their broken hearts.

Later on, Jungkook actually did open up about his home sufferings to Eunji, which strengthened their connection and they grew closer.

Towards the end of the story, we see that Jungkook and his mother's relationship became better because she realised that she was losing her son. She saw the man he was becoming and it was scaring her. In the end, both of them opened up to each other and began to gradually understand one another.

However, I did not add that scene in (Jungkook opening up to Eunji about his home life) as I had a spam of PM complaints about how the story was getting "dragged too long" and how it was "too detailed" the point where it's apparently boring, even though that scene was a part of my story planning, but, oh well. So I left that out and wanted to tell you about it myself at some point, instead. It just proves that I've learnt my lesson — do not care about DM complaints about story scenes that are apparently dragging the storyline and do what makes myself happy.

So here you go, I decided to do a short story of Jungkook's life so you all understand him and his character more.

And also because readers were dismissing Jungkook's home life struggles and made it look insignificant compared to Eunji's. So I wanted to get everyone out of that mindset and realise that neglect is also a major issue too, which can lead to severe mental health.

Thank you and love you all so much. 💜 stay blessed.