Chapter Thirteen

Eunji's POV

We arrive outside our room. Jungkook opens the door and motions me to walk inside first. I walk inside without saying a word and I hear the door closing from behind me.

"Sit down on the bed, I'll be right back." Jungkook speaks.

I furrow my eyebrows together and ask, "Where are you going?"

He sighs in annoyance and replies, "Just sit there and wait."

And with that he walks out of the room.

Typical Jungkook. He'll never change his attitude.

I roll my eyes and walk towards the bed and sit down on it. I continue to sit there and wait.

Then the scenario that just happened at break time, now replays in my head.

I touch the back of my head and wince in pain. Soohyun must have smacked my head against the lockers pretty hard.

Want to know why I was so defenceless back there?

Because Soohyun's beatings reminded me of the way Dad beats me.

I sigh and shake my head.

Ten minutes later, Jungkook arrives with a first aid kit in his hand. He walks towards me then sits down next to me on the bed.

I look away by avoiding having any sort of eye contact with him.

"Eunji. Look at me." I hear Jungkook speaking to me softly.

I sigh and shake my head, refusing to look at him.

"Look at me NOW, Eunji." Jungkook says again but in a stern voice.

I look at him and our eyes meet.

"Your face is swollen as well as your body. So I'll have to clean the blood and cuts before they get any worse." He explains in a concerning tone.

My eyes widen. Oh crap no. Not my body.

The marks and bruises on my body are from my Dad.

I hope he doesn't notice them nor question about them.

He opens up the first aid kit and gets out cotton wool and a water bottle.

He opens up the water bottle and pours a little bit on the cotton wool. He closes the bottle and places it down beside him on the bed.

He dabs the cotton wool on my cheek slowly and softly, which causes me to hiss in pain. He pauses and carries on.

"Sorry about that. I'll be more careful." He says softly.

I look up at him.

How can a cold bad boy, player and a pervert like him, be so soft and caring?

I guess there is another side to this bad boy. A caring side.

This is the first time I've seen this side to him. Why can't he be like this often?

My thoughts get interrupted when I hiss in pain again.