Chapter Twenty Four

2 days left until Valentine's Night...

Eunji's POV

"Alright class, get into your usual pairs to re-enact this scene of Romeo and Juliet."

This is my chance. I can go and be partners with Taehyung.

As I'm about to stand up, I felt a hand instantly grab my wrist. "Eunji, where are you off to?" I hear Jungkook's voice from behind me.

I turn around and see his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"N-Nowhere...why?" I ask.

"Good. Cos this time, I want to sit down, I can't be bothered standing up." Jungkook simply replies.

I sigh and groan.

I sit back down beside him and open up the Romeo and Juliet play book.

"Okay Jungkook, this starts off with Romeo. Start." I say in an annoyed tone.

Then I don't hear him uttering a single word from the book. I glance at him and see he's already staring at me.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

Jungkook shakes his head and shrugs. "Nothing." And he continues to stare at me.

Why is he staring at me, like that?

I wave my hand in front of his face and call his name out.

"Jungkook? Are you feeling okay?" I ask.

"Yeah I am..." He utters in such a tone as if he's dreaming.

What is up with this boy?

"Umm, hello? Romeo?" I wave my hand in front of him.

"Yes, my darling Juliet?" He deadpans with a straight faced expression.

My eyes widens in shock. "O-Okay, th-that's enough messing around, now."

He lays his head on his arms and looks at me, staring straight into my eyes and asks, "What if I'm not messing around, though?"

Unexpectedly, my heart skips a beat. After hearing those words from him, my face instantly heats up.

"I-I know you're just joking, okay? Stop..." I look away and blush.

"Are you blushing?" I hear him tease. I can tell he must have smirked, judging by the tone of his voice.

I turn back and face him. " N-No. Jungkook stop it and let's just do this, okay?" I stutter in shock.

Jungkook laughs and replies, "Alright, Juliet."

I let out an annoyed sigh. He chuckles and we both start reading the play.