Chapter Thirty Five

Jungkook's POV

I immediately pack Eunji's bag as I just finished packing mine.

She wears her coat and brushes through her hair one more time. Her expression changes into uneasiness. She turns around, facing me. "Jungkook, are you sure about this? What if my father finds out?"

I sigh and zip her bag. I stand up straight and walk towards her. I cup her cheeks, gazing into her eyes. "Eunji, I'm perfectly sure about this. I promised to protect you and I'll keep that promise." Just for a split second, I glance at her lips then back to her eyes. The urge to just kiss her is suddenly overpowering me. Another kiss, that's all I want.

"Jungkook?" She calls my name softly.

I snap back into reality. "Yeah?"

"Shall we go?" She asks.

I smile and nod. I pick up our bags and I bring them over my shoulder. Eunji still doesn't agree with me holding her bags for her but I don't care. I can hold a ton of bags for her and still won't complain – because I love her and I can do anything for her. She brushes it off and she starts conversation with me whilst making our way to the college bus.

She talks more about her family life in the past and I listen attentively. Then we spot the boys and the girls waiting by the bus. I assume they're waiting for Eunji and I.

"Hurry up, Jungkook! You slow coach!" Jimin shouts.

"Okay I'm coming..." I reply, earning a chuckle from Eunji.

We enter the bus. I let Eunji walk in front of me and we find seats towards the back, waiting for the boys and the girls.

I let Eunji sit with Minah while I sit beside Taehyung.

As we make conversation with each other, I glance at Eunji from time to time.

I've noticed ever since she told me about her past and her home life, she looks somewhat relaxed now. She's scared that her father will find out that she's staying at my house, but to be honest, I don't care. Let him try and lay another finger on her. Like I've always said, I promised to take care of her. I'll be her shield. I'll make sure she doesn't feel frightened. I'll help her face her fears.

Eunji's POV

Minah gets off the bus and it's just I and Jungkook left. Our houses are just round the corner from each other.

The bus parks up outside Jungkook's house. I stand up from my seat and pick up my school bag. Just I reach out for my suitcase, Jungkook beats me to it by picking up my bag and taking it along with him.

I smile and shake my head. I follow him and step out of the bus. I hear a sigh coming from Jungkook before he takes his keys out.

We walk to his front door. He unlocks the front door and opens it. "Ladies first." He says, flashing his bunny smile.

I thank him and enter his house. He closes the door behind him and walks towards me. He holds my hand and we make our way into the living room.

"Mum?" Jungkook calls out.

Silence.

"Mum! It's me, Jungkook!" He calls out again.

Then I hear the sound of footsteps running down the stairs. I see a woman glancing at both of us with a wide smile on her face. "Kookie! Sorry, sweetheart! I forgot you were coming home, today."

Kookie? That is such a cute nickname.

She walks up to him and gives him a hug. Then she glances at me. "Who's this pretty girl, Jungkook? Your girlfriend?" She asks with her lips curved up into a smirk.

I steal a glance at him. His eyes widen, looking all flustered. "Mum...she isn't my girlfriend. Sh-She's just staying here until we go back to college."

I smile at her and greet her.

All of a sudden, she hugs me. "It's so nice to have a girl over. You're the first girl Jungkook's brought home."

"Mum..." I hear Jungkook calling her quietly. Then I watch his cheeks turning pink.

Then she laughs. "Okay. I won't say anything further. I'll make dinner for both of you." With that said, she smiles and walks to the kitchen.

Jungkook holds my hand and takes me upstairs. All of a sudden, my cheeks heat up.

He takes me into his room. My eyes explore every part of his room. Then I spot a few albums on his shelf along with posters.

Then I glance at him. "Your room is nice." I smile.

He looks at me and smiles. "Thanks."

"And...your mother is very sweet." Turn I chuckle.

"You're actually the first I brought home. So...that's why she's like this. She thinks we're...together." He replies, his cheeks turning pink.

He seems to be blushing around me a lot, lately.

Then he walks up to me, holding my hands and sits me down on the bed with him. He gazes into my eyes. "Jungkook, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Eunji...I want to you feel safe here. I want my house to feel like it's yours, too." He smiles, caressing my hands with his thumbs.

"Thank you, I really appreciate this." I smile back.

He nods in reply. Then he leans in, his lips brushing mine and he whispers against them. "I feel like kissing you again."

I whisper back, "Then do it."

And with that, he smiles and kisses me.

__________________________

Finally managed to update after a month. I'm so sorry, I've had exams and assignments that I couldn't find the time to update at all. So I won't be updating regularly until after my finals finish. I hope you all understand❤️

I felt like doing a double update, so expect the next chapter in several hours!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this fluff chapter😄💖