Chapter Thirty Three

Eunji's POV

Jungkook and I walk to our room. We both enter together and he sits on the bed. He pats the spot beside him, motioning me to sit down. So I nod and do as he says.

As I sit beside him, we exchange glances. He smiles at me with such genuineness that I felt warmth in my heart so I smile back.

Then he lets out a sigh before speaking up. "Eunji...because you're trusting me now, you might as well tell me everything. About why your Dad is so torturous towards you...and why you're so scared of him. And everything else. Just tell me. I'm all ears."

I exhale before speaking. "My...home life is hell, really. With my mother not around anymore...I hate it."

"Where is your mother?" Jungkook asks.

"She's...not in this world. She died two years ago." I reply and feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh...I'm sorry..." He apologises in a concerned tone.

"Jungkook, there's no need for you to apologise. Why are you apologising?" I laugh slightly. "I just miss her, that's all."

Suddenly, I feel his arms wrap around my waist and he engulfs me into a hug. "Everything will be okay, Eunji. I will be there for you. Always."

I smile and hug him back. What did I do that his bad boy side has suddenly gone?

He glances down at me with worry. Our eyes meet and he cups my cheek in his hand, stroking it with his thumb. "So why is your Dad like this?"

I sigh before speaking. "He's been like this since my mother died. She got in a car accident and died in the hospital. My dad was completely broken then. Something inside him snapped that day, he suddenly turned abusive towards me. He's always said that I should have died instead of her. All he does is drink alcohol all day and torture me."

He hugs me close to him and nods, motioning me to continue.

I let out a sigh before adding, "All I want is...for all this pain and suffering to stop. I want it all to just stop and just be happy with my father. Is that too much to ask for?"

He hugs me close to him, nuzzling his face into my neck. "I can't believe you've had to go through this every time you're at home with him. Now that I know, I'll always be with you, to protect you."

His words suddenly made my heart flutter. He kissed my forehead and reassured me that everything will be alright.

"H-He uses many things to torture me. He even whips me with his belt. Back in my last year of school, he even burnt my entire arm. I've had to get it treated everyday, but he only made it worse." I sigh.

After explaining about my home life situations, he holds me close to him. He runs his fingers through my hair, whispering soothing words in my ear. "Eunji, you've told me enough now. I can see you're clearly uncomfortable, It's okay to say you want to stop talking about it."

I nod. "Yeah...I'll...carry it on some other time." And then I sigh.

"Okay." And he smiles at me whilst playing with my hair.

I instantly burst into tears. He hug me tightly, whispering soothing words in my ear. I've always held my tears in, in front of him, now I can finally let it out.