Chapter Eighteen

Jungkook's POV
3:45am...

Why can't I sleep? What's wrong with me?

I toss and turn in my place and closing my eyes in the process, but it's no use.

I place the palm of my hand on my forehead and I feel a burning sensation. I also feel sweat running down my forehead and my breathing becomes heavy.

What's going on?

I sit up from the bed and pant heavily.

Suddenly I hear whimpering and mumbling nearby.

I turn my head to Eunji's direction, only to see that the whimpering and mumbling is coming from her.

Oh no. Not again.

I walk quickly towards her and sit down beside her on the sofa. I see beads of sweat running down her forehead and her chest moves up and down, whilst breathing heavily and rapidly.

"Stop it, please...I won't do that again...I swear..." She whispers loudly.

Huh? Do what again?

"Okay...I won't do that again...please just...let me go.." She says, with fear filling her tone.

It's happening again.

I place my hands on her shoulders and shake her awake.

"Eunji. Wake up." I say softly.

"No please..." She mumbles quietly.

"Eunji..wake up! It's just a bad dream! Wake up!" I raise my voice.

"No! Stop! I'm begging you!" She cries.

She hits my chest unknowingly and I see tears rolling down her face.

Seeing Eunji like this, really scares me. A lot.

She lifts her hands up and hits my chest multiple times. Instantly, I grab her wrists to prevent her from hitting me any further. I bite my lip, thinking about as to what I should do to wake her up.

Maybe I could try again.

"Eunji! Wake up! It's just a bad dream!" I raise my voice a little louder.

"I'm sorry...please...don't hurt me." She cries again.

And there it is again. Those three words that slipped out of her mouth, has hit me hard again.

I don't know why, but hearing Eunji say that, makes her sound vulnerable, weak and...

...broken.

I sigh and try to think of another alternative as to how to wake her up.

Why isn't she waking up? Last time she woke up easily.

I run a hand through my hair in frustration.

I think hard as to what other technique I should try to wake her up. Suddenly, an idea pops up in my head. Please forgive me for this Eunji.

I sigh and hesitantly place my hands on her shoulders. I shake her violently until she wakes up.

Instantly, her eyes open and she jolts up from the sofa. I breathe a sigh of relief and I look at her with concern.