Chapter Fourty Four

Eunji's POV

I could not believe what I was hearing.

Minah? Had been stabbed? No one tried to help her or protect her during that situation?

Jungkook was the only one who found her.

I tear up upon imagining how I could have been here to save her. Or how Minah would have been saved if one of us were there at that time.

"Eunji." Jungkook softly calls my name whilst holding my hands in his, intertwining them. "I wanted to tell you, believe me. I just didn't know how."

I gaze at him and reply, with my voice cracking. "Well one of the girls lied to me to make me return to college. When I heard from you about Minah being stabbed I was shocked. I thought it was a lie or a joke-" then he interrupts me.

"Do you really think I would joke about something like that? About your best friend being stabbed to death?" He questions. He sits beside me and holds me in his arms. "Just cry it all out. I know you want to."

I clutch on to his shirt and cry softly. My soft cries turn into loud sobs. His fingers play with my hair whilst his arm is wrapped around me as if he's cradling me. "Why did this happen to her? I hate that person whoever stabbed her. That person is the cause of her death. My best friend, my sister, my-" I speak and my voice cracks again.

He hushes me and gives my forehead a kiss. "Don't worry, baby. We'll sort this out, okay?"

Then a knock on the door resonates across the room. I wipe away my tears before moving out of his arms. Jungkook stands up, making his way towards the door and opens it — revealing the boys and the girls. Including heartbroken Taehyung.

"Is it okay if we come in?" Jin asks.

"Yeah, of course." Jungkook replies and opens the door wider for them to enter the room.

The girls run in and hug me. Jaeyoung and Hanna let out soft sobs, while Hyeri and Yoona try to comfort us.

"We have something to tell you all. Yoongi, Jimin and I, decided to have a meeting in here just so all of you know at the same time, on what we're about to reveal." Namjoon speaks.

"Tell us." I utter.

Yoongi clears his throat before proceeding. "Me, Namjoon and Jimin saw the CCTV footage of Minah's attack. And...we also saw the people who were involved in the attack and the person who stabbed her."

"Really?!" Hyeri exclaims.

"Who is it, hyung?" Taehyung asks.

"Well...it was Dongmin and his gang." Jimin replies.

"What?!" Hanna speaks with an expression of disbelief.

"And we saw that Soohyun was also involved." Namjoon speaks.

A tear rolls down my cheek upon hearing the news. How could they do this?

"Where are they?" Taehyung questions in an angry tone.

"They're with the headmaster." Yoongi replies.