Chapter Thirty Seven

Jungkook's POV

After calming Eunji, she eventually falls asleep. I carefully and quietly lay her down on my bed. I sigh and exit the room discreetly, trying not to wake her up.

I walk downstairs and enter the kitchen, only to see Mum cooking. She smiles at me and motions me to go to her. I nod and walk towards her. "Yes, Mum?"

She hands me an envelope and explains. "Can you post this through the post box? I was supposed to do it on the way to the shops but it completely slipped my mind."

I smile and take it from her. "Of course, I will."

I rush to the hallway, grab my coat and keys, sliding the envelope into my pocket. As I step out, I am welcomed by a heavy amount of rain falling on me. I hurriedly rush to the post box which is down the road from my house.

Just as I post the envelope through the letterbox, I run back home trying not to get drenched from this downpour.

I accidentally bump into someone and immediately apologise. I glance at the person and see a man. His lips quiver as his eyes are bloodshot red. He looks at me and pants.

He takes his phone out. "Young man, have you seen this girl?" He shows me a picture of a girl. That picture is of Eunji. Wait, could this man be her father?

I pretend to examine the picture and shake my head. "Nope sorry, sir."

He nods and walks off.

So, he really is looking for her. I breathe heavily while standing in the rain. I won't let him find her. I'll keep her safe under my roof until we return to college.

I run back to my house. I hurriedly enter, rushing upstairs to check on Eunji. As I rush inside the room, I see her reading one of my books. Wasn't she asleep?

She glances at me and smiles. "Hey, Jungkook."

I smile brightly, seeing her in better condition. "Hey, Eunji." I walk towards her and sit beside her.

She glances at me and stares at my wet hair. "Gosh, your hair is soaking wet. Hold on." She stands up and grabs a towel from the bathroom. Enters in the room again and sits down on the bed. "Turn around with your back facing me."

I nod and turn around. A relaxing sensation takes over me when Eunji dries my hair with the towel.

All of a sudden, I feel like confessing my feelings to her but at the same time, she has the right to know that her father is literally out there looking for her. I feel that I should tell her but on the other hand, I can't. I managed to calm her down after the messages she received from her father. If I tell her, she'll panic and will want to go home. I don't want that to happen.

Should I tell her?

Jimin's POV

I wince in pain when Hanna applies cream on my bruised cheeks. I can't help but stare at her. I don't know how I suddenly fell for this girl. It feels like only yesterday I was teasing her and arguing with her about which side of the bed I want to sleep on. Now I have fallen in love with her.

Her boyfriend is a jerk for treating her like this. She's suffering in that controlling, abusive relationship. Her boyfriend is always making her life a living hell. She doesn't deserve this.

"I can't believe you had a fight with Dongmin." Then she sighs. "This is my fault."

I hold her hands and gaze at her. "Why are you blaming yourself for this?"

"I should have stopped the fight properly. I couldn't do anything." She replies, her tone filled with guilt.

"I wanted you to be safe. I didn't want you to get hurt by that jerk of a boyfriend of yours." I explain. I cup her face in my hands and lean in. I whisper against her lips. "You deserve someone better..." Then I softly kiss her and part my lips from hers before adding, "...like me."

As I kiss her again, she responds back to the kiss. She wraps her arms around my neck and brings me close to her.

I'll make sure she breaks up with Dongmin. I know it won't be easy but I'll make sure the breakup happens so she'll finally be free and happy every single day. I'll make her mine.

No matter what.

Eunji's POV
(EVENING TIME)

Whilst Jungkook's mother is showering upstairs, Jungkook and I are currently washing and drying the dishes.

"Umm...Eunji, I have something to tell you." Jungkook's suddenly speaks up in a hesitant tone.

"Sure, what is it, Jungkook?" I reply.

"Well...we've known each other for more than a few months. We've been through hardships, we've had our ups and downs but even after all that we came out strong. Together. Along the way, I feel like our friendship has developed into something more than just friends." He explains. Then he glances at me. "I know this is sudden but...I'm in love with you, Eunji."

My face heats up and my eyes widen upon hearing his confession. "Wh-What?" I gaze at him.

"I love you." He simply says.

I feel tears brimming in my eyes wanting to escape any second. Am I hearing this right?

I turn the tap off, leaving the dishes in the sink. I glance at him again, lost for words.

He puts the dishes down and cups my cheeks in his hands as his thumbs caress them. His bunny smile appears and he rests his forehead on mine. "Even though the amount of hardships and sufferings you went through, I'm so proud of how strong you've become. I love you so much."

Tears roll down my face. "I-I love you, too." I speak out, my voice almost coming out a whisper.

He sends me a bright smile and hugs me tightly as his fingers play with my hair. He pulls away from the hug and gazes at me again with a loving expression whilst holding his hands in mine. "Will you be my girlfriend, Jung Eunji?"

I smile through my tears and nod. He chuckles and picks me up. He twirls me around, repeatedly thanking me. I laugh and quickly hold on to him.

He puts me down and kisses me. I close my eyes and kiss him back lovingly.

I feel so happy that we're together now. I've begun to love him so truly and immensely. Most importantly, I'm so happy that I've fallen in love again for the second time but with someone who loves me for who I am. He loves me even though I'm going through pain and torture. He's sacrificing everything for me and is willing to take care of me.

I'm so happy that true love came back to me again.

I'm in love with Jeon Jungkook.

__________________________

Another update for y'all because I'm generous like that 😁❤️I love you all so much! The love and support I'm receiving from this fanfic is insane😭

By the way, can you all pls do something for me? Can y'all pls get this fanfic and my other fanfic, My Perverted Husband, in the rankings in fanfiction? It would mean the absolute world to me! 😭❤️ I've always wanted my fanfics to be part of the rankings and it's one of my wishes! I love you all so much💕

And thank you to everyone who nominated this fanfic in the fiction awards! The love I have for all of you is indescribable!😁💕Thank y'all loads!

I hope you all enjoyed this fluff chapter as much I did!❤️

Thank you so much once again, my lovely readers! See you all until the next update❤️