Chapter Twenty Seven

The next day...

Valentine's Night

Eunji's POV

I finally get changed into my dress and did my make-up, so I decide to work on my hair. Even though it's Valentine's Night, I just decided to go for my favourite hairstyle. Just curling my hair and leaving it down. So I pick up my curler from my dressing table and start curling my hair.

Jungkook is getting ready in the bathroom. He hasn't told anyone who he's going with tonight. He actually hasn't spoken to me since yesterday.

I haven't spoke to Minah and Taehyung since yesterday, too. They probably don't want to speak to me.

My feelings for Taehyung have now gone, but this feeling is strange because it feels like I didn't fall in love at all. In fact, it felt like that feeling wasn't even there. Is this what it feels like after heartbreak?

I remember my mother once told me, "true love only happens once in your life. You'd be lucky if you fall in love the second time, because it shows how much faith and strength you have, in your love."

Will I ever fall in love again?

Instantly, my thoughts get interrupted by the sound of the bathroom door unlocking.

I glance at the bathroom door through the mirror and see the door of the bathroom open, revealing Jungkook stepping out wearing a suit. There's no denying that he looks so handsome in that suit, especially with that parting in his hair. It really does suit him.

"Eunji?" Jungkook speaks, in a quiet tone

I snap out of it and reply, "Yeah?"

Jungkook sends me a small smile before asking, "I really didn't get the chance to ask you, but who's your date for tonight?"

I stand in my spot, shook for a few second and then respond, "Umm...I'm not going with anyone. Why?"

Jungkook nods and sighs in relief. "Well...I know most of the girls in the college will probably get too clingy with me and ask me out...so, I was wondering if you would like to be my date for tonight?"

Whoa. What just happened there? What's up with him? Has someone put a spell on him or something that he's suddenly speaking to me so kindly and...nicely. To tell you the truth, I really like this side to him. Not the cold, arrogant and playboy side.