Chapter Thirty Nine

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

We finally arrive to college but the common room is still blocked, so we can't use it for the time being.

I'm currently in my English lesson, with Eunji beside me. I discreetly hold her hand in mine from under her table and send her a smile. I notice a blush creeping up her cheeks. She glances at me and sends a smile back.

I still haven't told her that her father was looking for her — because I don't want her to worry. The thought of her panicking and fearing her father again also scares me. I'll keep her happy, no matter what. I've hurt her a lot in the past and I regret it so much. Now I'm trying to fix it.

Then Eunji speaks, "Jungkook, you need to pay attention."

I snap out of my thoughts. "Huh? What?"

"You've been staring at me all this time. Are you alright?" She asks.

I smile and nod. "Of course I am. Why would there be anything wrong?"

"Just asking, you're staring at me as if you want to tell me something." She replies.

I shake my head and chuckle. I'm sorry Eunji, I'm hiding this from you. I'm trying to keep you out of harm's way and keep you safe. I'm only trying to protect you. I'm sorry.

Minah's POV

The girls and I walk through the corridors to go and meet Hanna by the lockers so we can walk to class together.

Suddenly, I see a boy with his back facing us. That could be her boyfriend. However, the expression on Hanna's face displays fear. Why does she look so scared?

"Hanna! We're here!" Yoona exclaims.

Hanna faces us and smiles. "Hey girls."

When we walk to her, the figure turns around and faces us. I stand there, frozen in my place. My eyes widen in shock, not believing who I'm actually seeing. "D-Dongmin?" I utter.

He glances at me and sends me a smirk. "Oh hello there, Minah."

I blink my eyes in shock with my lips parted. Somehow, I felt tears forming. Is it really him? Why is he here?

"Oh. You two have met before?" Hanna asks.

"Yes, babe. We have." He replies, smirking in my direction.

"How, exactly?" Hyeri also asks.

"It's a long story." I reply with tears brimming, fighting to escape. With that said, I excuse myself from them and make my way back to the dorms.