Great Privilege

I loved writing this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Callie please answer me." I keep knocking on the door. "Please hear me out." I lean against the door and I can hear some scuffling and people talking. "Mark made dinner. It's one of your favorites. I just...Callie I know that I blindsided you with the board thing but...there was...I could have told you uh..." The door opens and I practically fall forward but someone catches me.

"Did he make dessert?" Callie asks me.

"Do you even know Mark? He never leaves without dessert." I smile at my person and she takes the food bags from me and leads me into her kitchen. "Where is Arizona?" I ask.

"She is playing with Sofia."

"Callie..."

"Why kick me that hard? Why? You of all people I..."

"Would you have rather come into the first board meeting and get all comfortable and then be asked to leave in front of everyone? Because that was the other option."

"I just...I thought you would have...you're my person and you hurt me and..."

"And I feel horrible about it! I feel horrible that I had to tell you that you're not on the board. After everything we've all done together you just..."

"Did you even try to keep me on? Did you even fight for me?" Callie questions.

"Of course I did. Callie, I fought so hard for you and they all said no. Every single one of them said no. No matter what I said. I'm sorry it was not my decision. It...you really think I didn't want you to be on the board?"

"It seemed so easy for you to tell me you can't play with us." Callie snaps.

"We're not children Callie. It's not that easy."

"I did the research in Pegasus. I informed everyone that we needed to intervene. I made the decision to..."

"And we are grateful that you did. We really are but...this decision wasn't just left to us. I...just cause you're not on the board doesn't mean we don't value you. Oh!" I jump and Callie comes rushing over.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asks me concerned. I have a giant smile on my face.

"I'm better than ever."

"You yelped in pain and..." I take Callie's hand and place it on my belly. Her eyes widen and a smile appears on her face. "Oh uh..."

"Both of the babies kicked at the same time and it just shocked me. I..."

"Your babies are kicking." She says and I nod my head.

"I love you, Callie. I love you so much and in a perfect world we would all be on the board together but..."

"I know it's not your fault. I know that I should have...it just hurt." I bring Callie in for a hug but it's a little difficult with my belly.

"I'm trying to hug you if you can't tell." I joke with her.

"I just wish that...I wish I could be on the board with you all."

"I know Callie. I know."

"Let's eat this food before it gets too cold." Callie states and we move to unload the food.

__________________________________
"Shit what is happening?" Alex rushes into my house all frantic. "How...what the hell Gen? You look completely fine!" He yells at me.

"Hey, the kids are trying to go to sleep." I silence him.

"You texted me 911. 911 means something horrible is happening. 911 means...well it doesn't mean walking in and finding you eating ice cream!"