Learning to Care

Enjoy this update. Thank you for the support.

"I can't relax." Callie complains to me. "I am going to TED and I can't relax. I am freaking out. Help me not freak out."

"Uh...you are literally making cartilage. No one has ever done that." I remind her.

"I know that but I hate speaking in front of a crowd I hate it and you know this. So help me stop freaking out." Callie begs.

"You are freaking Dr. Callie Torres. You are at the forefront of Orthopedic Surgery. You are my mentor. My main motivation for falling in love with ortho. You are awesome and now you will go show the world how amazing you are." Callie lets out a sigh.

"Well...that kind of helped. It's just..."

"Have you tried sex? Like lots of sex? Can really help take your minds off things." I suggest to her.

"Well Arizona and I just started having sex again and...it has been wonderful but...I don't know..."

"Here." I write down a name of a store.

"What is this?" She asks confused.

"This is the name of Seattle's best sex shop. Bex is the one I always go to for my sex needs. There is anything everything there that will spice your sex life and make things interesting."

"My sex life is fine. I don't need toys or..."

"Callie." I stop her. "We all need toys. And some work well with two or just perfect enough for one." I wink at her.

"You actually go here?" She asks unsure.

"Yeah. I love it. Mark does too and I know Arizona will as well."

"So your version of helping me is telling me to go to a sex shop?"

"I don't give speeches Callie. This is the best advice I can give you to take your mind off. It's either sex toys or pregnant woman cravings."

"Sex or food. That's all you can give me?!"

"Callie you will be fine. You are amazing. You have this." She looks at me with sad eyes. "I will listen to your speech for the millionth time and...go ahead." I urge her. Callie cheers as she clears her throat.

"Cartilage..."

__________________________________
"Hey, a tanker blew." Mark yells as we gown up.

"I called the nanny is going to take the kids for dinner and then they will watch a movie."  I inform him. Mark helps ties my gown.

"Have I told you how sexy you look all gowned up?" Mark flirts with me.

"You say that to all the pretty girls."

"Nah only you because you're the only one I have eyes for." Mark kisses me. He lightly rubs my belly and the babies kick in response to his touch.

"The babies and I say be careful. And we'll see you when our shift is over." I whisper back to him.

"Kickass out there." Mark declares and I blow him a kiss.

"Gen, I need your help." April calls me over.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Benoist." I introduce myself as I get gloved up to check the patient out.

"Abdominal tenderness to palpation." April informs me.

"She's having decels. Her B.P.is dropping." I announce.

"Elyse, stay with me. Just try to stay with me."

"What's happening?" Elyse asks scared.

"We're gonna roll you on your side right now, okay?" April talks to her.