Behave or Not to Behave

This was a super fun chapter to write. I hope you all enjoy this little Thanksgiving that never happened on the show.

Mark's POV

"Mark can you get the door! The kids are still bathing." Gen yells from the bathroom.

"Got it." I put the kitchen towel over my shoulder and head to the front door.

"Hey, Sloan." Owen greets me.

"You got stuff in the truck?"

"Yes, so many things. Hello, I'm Emma."

"Oh, I know all about you."

"You do?" She asks surprised.

"We got to keep an eye out on our chief."

"Oh well..."

"Let me give you a hand with that." I take the bags from her hands.

"Thanks again for hosting Thanksgiving at your place." Owen says to me.

"I didn't have much a choice. My wife says and I say ok." I joke.

"Cristina still coming?"

"And Grey. It's going to be a boozy Thanksgiving and I can't wait." I exclaim as I grab the giant bags of groceries from the back of the truck.

"Oh wow, you have two ovens." Emma comments as she makes herself at home in the kitchen.

"My wife may not be much of a cooker but I like to think my cooking skills won her over."

"She did mention you make a god beef short ribs during my interview." Emma states as she looks at the different pots and pans I have out for her to chose from.

"Where is Benoist?" Owen asks me as he helps cutting vegetables.

"Giving Theo and Davina a bath. Thankfully my sister-in-law is still with us or we wouldn't be making it with the twins."

"That's so wonderful you have such a great support system here." Emma comments as she begins preparing the sides.

"It's defiantly something I've always wanted."

"Theo!" Gen shouts as she comes out of the bathroom chasing after Theo who is running around the kitchen naked with suds trailing after him.

"No more bath mama."

"Theo get back here now!"

"Hey, babe." I greet my wife who glares at me.

"Hi, guys I just..."

"Hey, little guy." Owen stands in front of Theo who is now trying to climb onto the barstool but is slipping from the soap and water. "Why don't we get you washed off and then how about we play outside?" He offers.

"Okay." Gen scoops Theo into her arms and takes him back into the bathroom.

"Never a dull moment." Emma comments.

"That's not even the half of it. Last week our daughter Davina got into our work bags and found our marker and wrote all over the walls. There's still one area that the marker wouldn't come out of no matter how much we painted over it."

"It sounds absolutely lovely."

"You two thinking about kids?" I ask and Owen starts to choke.

"Sloan, we just started to date." He reminds me.

"It's never too early to decide what you want in life. Don't want to waste precious time."

"Well we haven't had the conversation about kids but I know I want them eventually." Emma answers.