Private Planes and Neuro Lectures

Thank you all for the support you give all of my books. I love reading your comments.

"San Jose airport's open. There's a flight that connects through Portland. It can be here in six hours." Murphy informs us.

"That's still too long." I decline the suggestion.

"I'm telling you, private charter is the only way this will work." Jackson argues.

"Yeah, Richie Rich, you said that." Alex comments, feeling a little bitter.

"I got one!" Joe exclaims. "A private Jet. It's fueled and ready and on the tarmac or whatever."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Okay, oaky get it!" We all order her.

"Yes, very interested. What would..." Jo's mouth hangs open. She covers the speaker of the phone. "It's $25,000."

"Who pays for that?" Murphy asks.

"No, we need board approval for that one." Jackson says.

"Well, you and Benoist are the board!" Owen yells.

"We have to get it." Alex argues.

"Just hold on." I pull out my phone.

"You're making a call at this moment?" Jo demands, shocked at me. I glare, and she shuts up.

"Hey, can you fly an organ from San Francisco to Seattle?" I listen for the response. "How long?" I listen more. "Okay, thanks." I hang up the phone. "I will have the organ here in two hours."

"Who the hell did you call?" Murphy asks.

"Gerard. My dad." I answer.

"Your dad just has..."

"My dad put up the money to buy the hospital." I remind her, and she shuts up.

"Your dad just had a jet ready to go?" Jackson asks me.

"Always."

"You rick people suck." Alex complains.

"Shut up. Here is the fax number for his jet to send the information to. Wilson call the hospital and let them know someone is coming to transport the organ." I instruct.

"Thank you, Gen." Owen says to me.

"No problem.

"Does the foundation need to reimburse your dad?" Jackson asks.

"He owns a majority share in this hospital, Avery. He can afford it." I remind him.

__________________________________
"I threw a champagne toast just to keep myself from crying." Meredith admits to me.

"After dropping my kids off at school, I cried in the car all the way to work. Mark almost had to sedate me." I admit to her.

"Are we bad people?"

"Yes, but...we don't let our jealousy stop us from supporting our person."

"I want to win a Harper Avery so bad. I feel like I would trade Derek in for it."

"I feel you on that."

"How have you not won an award?" Meredith asks me.

"I don't have time for research." I explain. "I spend so much time juggling between three specialties I barely have time to be a mother and a wife. I mean, the last time Mark and I had sex was...weeks, and I was exhausted. And not sex exhausted, just exhausted from life."