Get Her Out of My House

Here is part two of the horrible dinner. Enjoy.

Gen's POV

"You did this to me?!" Mark is yelling across the table at Penny. "You killed my best friend and botched my surgery! You did this!" He smashes his glass to the ground as he stands up.

"Mark." I put my hands on his chest to hold him back. Alex stands ready to jump in. "You did this to me!"

"Excuse me." Meredith exits the table.

"I'm gonna go check on Mer." Alex offers. "Are you..."

"I'm fine. Go check on Mer." I assure him. I keep standing in front of Mark, so he doesn't go across the table.

"You were there that night? You treated him?" Amelia speaks up. I get Mark to sit down, but I don't let go of his hand.

"The night her husband came in..."

"Her brother." Mark corrects Penny. "Derek was her brother. He was my brother." The door opens, and the room is filled with Callie's laughter.

"Hey! Hi!" Callie greets us all.

"Hey, guys. How are you?" Owen greets us next.

"Ooh, good. We didn't miss dinner!" Callie still hasn't caught on to the silence in the room. "See? I told ya, I was only gonna be a minute. So uh..." Callie stops as she sees all of our faces. "Whoa. What's going on?"

"Uh, Penny's coming to work with us." Arizona speaks up first. I find comfort in gripping Mark's hand and holding my knife in the other.

"Oh, this is Penny." Owen smiles.

"Wait for it." Arizona whispers to him.

"You told them? I thought we were gonna wait until..."

"Penny killed Derek." Amelia blurts out.

"Please, can we just uh talk?" Penny asks her.

"What did you just say?" Callie asks.

"Your motherfucking bitch of a girlfriend was the doctor who not only killed Derek but nicked Mark's hippocampus!" I shout. I slam the knife's handle down on the table, making the dishes bounce and one fall to the floor. "Isn't that right, Penny? Why don't you tell them how you killed our friend and took the last 15 years of my husband's memories?" I am seething with anger.

"Whoa, whoa, hang on." Owen chimes ins.

"She was going to tell me how my brother died." Amelia adds. Callie sits in Meredith's empty chair.

"Penny, what are they talking about?" Callie asks.

"I tried to tell you."

"When? When did you ever..."

"When we got here."

"Yeah, so tell us now. Tell me what happened." Amelia demands. All of our attention goes to Penny.

"Wait. Penny, you don't...you don't have to." Callie tells her, and this infuriates me more.

"Can you and I talk?" Penny asks.

"I think that's a good idea." Jackson says.

"We should give them space to talk." Lexie suggests.

"No!" Amelia snaps. "No, tell me what happened." She is crying now.

"Say it." Mark orders. Penny looks at us nervously. I see her look at the knife still in my hand. She clears her throat.

"I was the resident on call that night, in trauma." Penny starts off. "We were understaffed. Five came in with them. And her husband..." Penny looks away from Mark. "You came in with broken ribs, bruised spleen...her husband...your brother had flail chest."