This Could Be Our Next Step

I hope you enjoy this update. We are getting closer to Cristina leaving. Only two Chimeras will be left.

Lexie's POV

Lexie's POV

"Sorry, I'm having a little bit of trouble dividing these branching vessels." Meredith says to Amelia and me.

"I can retract..." Amelia and I stop as we notice we're talking at the same time.

"Were you going to say..."

"Retraction of the iliac vein medially to help with exposure." I confirm for her.

"Wow." Meredith comments.

"Do you want to or..."

"You have better access." Amelia says, and I begin my retraction.

"Derek's coming home tonight." Meredith says to Amelia.

"Yep."

"Which means you can go home." Meredith says, and I briefly look up at her.

"I understand." Amelia has sadness in her voice. "You were just trying to be nice, and I bit your head off. I will be out of your hair first thing tomorrow."

"Oh, that?" Meredith asks. "No. This is not about that. I've already forgotten you said that."

"She's lying. She remembers everything." I whisper to Amelia.

"So this isn't you kicking me out for being a bitch?" Amelia asks.

"No. No, we love having you here."

"Speak for yourself." I mutter, and apparently, only Meredith heard me. She turns and gives me a look. "Oh, look, there's a vessel." I shout.

"But we don't want to keep you from your life any more than we have to, so..." Amelia just starts to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Not so funny when you're on the other end, is it?" I comment to Meredith.

"Lexie..."

"You, Cristina, and Gen laugh at the most messed up things and explain it to no one. This is just a nice exchange, that's all." I explain myself.

"No... I'm sorry. It's just...if I had spoken to anyone at Seaside Wellness the way I spoke to you, I...I would have to have a conversation for six hours about it. I love it here." Amelia declares.

"Shit." I mutter.

"James and I have not been fighting about the fact that I'm still here. We have been fighting about the fact that I never want to leave."

"Never?!" I ask Amelia.

"Uh...I thought we got along?" She asks me.

"Oh, we do. I like you as a person and... you're great fun and all..."