Donor

I loved this chapter so much. Hope you all enjoy.

"This is what you want?" I ask Callie as I hold her hand.

"I know this is what I want. Arizona is never going to want a kid and I can't force her..."

"And she left you at the airport for Africa." I remind Callie.

"I know I won't be alone in this. I have you and Mark. We said we would raise Sloan's baby together so this one would be no different. We can make our own family." Callie is the happiest I've seen her in years.

"Of course Mark and I will be here for you." Someone knocks on the door and we turn to see Dr. Norris.

"Hello, Callio..."

"Callie works just fine." Callie explains to Dr. Norris.

"All right Callie, I heard you're wanting to talk about getting pregnant."

"Yes, I know from Mark and Gen how much they love you and everything you've done for them."

"Well, I appreciate the kind words, Gen."

"I know we haven't gotten pregnant yet but you've been there for us through it all. And I know my lack of success has nothing to do with your care."

"And it's not your fault either Gen. Remember it can take time and you're still young." Dr. Norris assures me. "Now Callie I know the P.A. came and gave you all of the options."

"Yes and I've thought it through before I came in. I do not have a partner at the moment. So I would like to use a sperm donor." Callie declares.

"Well, we have a wonderful donor registry that you can choose from."

"That is what I wanted to talk to you about. How specific does this registry get?" Callie asks.

"All the way down to the donor's personality type. We do a very thorough background check."

"How thorough?" Callie asks.

"Genetic screening, family history, any and all possible health risks. We try to provide our patients with a whole picture of the donor so they can make the best choice to start a family."

"Well perfect I would like to look through some donors." Callie claps her hands.

"All right here." Dr. Norris pulls out a giant binder.

"What the hell is that?" I ask worriedly.

"I would like to start Callie off with a small selection of donors and then we can move onto the next." Dr. Norris explains.

"This is small?" I motion to the binder. "It weighs like twelve pounds."

"I know it seems like a lot but it's best we provide everything we can so the process can be easier. Choosing someone to have a child with is a difficult decision and anything we can do to ease that burden we'll do it."

"I love it."

"Well if you find someone suitable please call back and we will match up your natural cycle with the insemination process."

"And how long would that take?" I ask.

"Well very much like your IVF process. We have to match things up with the menstrual cycle to ensure the best result."

"Well that perfect I start my period in fifteen days so...if I find the perfect sperm then..."

"After some psychological evaluation and..."