Delivering News

Thank you all for the support in the last chapter. I can't wait for you all to read what I have planned for Gen and her pregnancy. This has been a long time coming for her and Mark and I can't wait for them to grow their little family.

"Gen you have to get some sleep." Mark says to me as I continue to sit by Callie's side.

"I will get some. I just...I want to be here when she wakes up." I remind him.

"I know but...you're..."

"Mark!" I yell at him making him step back. "I am very aware of what I am. I'm not pushing myself past my limits. I am sitting next to my person who almost died on the O.R. table. I am sitting next to when I can. So please let me just be here for her."

"I know this...I hope..."

"She has to be okay Mark. She has to." I mutter.

"She will and when she wakes we will help her with everything." I nod my head. Mark leans down and places a kiss on my forehead and leaves me and Callie to be. "I don't know if you can hear me but...when I was planning your baby shower I found out the best news." I smile thinking back about it. I rest my hand on my stomach. "My baby needs her Aunt Callie and...I need my person. I can't live without you and...please come back." I beg her.

__________________________________
Callie's baby shower

"Mark there's something I need to tell you." I smile big at Mark and he looks at me weird.

"Uh...what is it?" I lead him to the elevator. "If this is your way you want to stop the elevator and have sex I am all..."

"Mark no." I shake my head at him. The elevator opens and he looks at me confused."

"Why...what are we doing here?" He asks looking at the O.B. floor.

"I have something to tell you." I lead him to an empty exam room.

"Is this uh..." I smile.

"Come and see for yourself." I lay down on the table and Mark comes over with the ultrasound machine. He squeezes the gel on my belly.

"Is this for real?" Mark asks me as he moves the wand around.

"Wait for it." I try and memorize the expression on Mark's face the moment he hears the heartbeat. I've only ever seen that look of pure happiness a handful of times. When we finally adopted Theo, then our wedding, and now hearing the heartbeat of our child.

"Is that..." I nod my head. I rest my hand on Mark's which lays on my belly. "That's our baby."

"We're having a baby?" Mark asks and I nod my head.

"I'm only seven weeks but...Dr. Norris already looked me over and she is pleased."

"We stopped the IVF and..."

"She said this isn't uncommon for couples who had IVF failed and they adopted. Sometimes it just happens this way." I explain to him. Mark hits the print button and our first ultrasound picture comes out.

"This is our baby." Mark mutters and I move close to him.

"It's our baby."

"We're going to have another baby." Mark brings me into a giant hug. "Theo is going to be a big brother."

"I know."

"How...what made you..."

"I just had this feeling and...I...it took me almost a whole day to make the courage to come in for a test. I did a blood test confirm as well as an ultrasound."