Court Battles

I hate the custody battle. Get ready for some emotions in the next couple of chapters.

Gen's POV

"You want me to do what?"

"Take the stand for me at trial." Callie tells me as I treat patients.

"What about Arizona?"

"What about her? You're doing this for me."

"I'm not going to decide the custody of Sofia based on a popularity contest."

"Gen, this is me. I'm your person. You should want to do this for me."

"You're both amazing mothers Callie. I...I can't decide who my goddaughter should spend most of her life with because you're my person."

"I'm your person is the exact reason you should take the stand for me."

"You're missing the point, Callie."

"No, what I'm hearing is you not supporting me. I really need you."

"You're asking me to choose sides, and that's something I will not do."

"Meredith has."

"I'm not Meredith."

"But you're the Chimera's."

"That's the name interns gave us. That doesn't mean we're the same person. We have different opinions and ways we do things."

"Could you for once be...be on my side." Callie begs me.

"I'll support you in court, Callie, but I'm not taking the stand." I tell her.

"You won't?"

"This is about Sofia. I want what's best for her."

"I am what's... you're going to cost me losing my baby girl."

"You chose to raise her with Arizona as the other parent. You loved Arizona at one point." I remind her.

"And she got a lawyer to fight me for custody!"

"And you were already planning to take Sofia across the country to follow your girlfriend of eleven months!" Callie shakes her head at me.

"After everything, I've done... I've been there for you. And you won't show up for me when I need you most."

"Don't make this out as me being the bad guy Callie."

"Well, you're being a bitch."

"The only bitch here is you." I fire back. The commotion in the room silences. We notice people are listening in to our fight. "If you have met on the stand. I will be there for Sofia. Not you. Not Arizona. For Sofia." I grab my tablet and leave Callie.

__________________________________