You're Ready

Do you watch Station 19 or just the crossovers?

"Can you believe that my wife slept with my ortho nurse?"

"Oh, Colleen?" I ask Callie as I pour more wine into my glass.

"You knew?" She asks me.

"No, but I do know Colleen." I explain.

"How...how can I go to the hospital every day seeing everyone she's banged and..."

"Really?" I stop Callie from rambling.

"What? She has banged the nurses I've worked with people I..."

"You literally have Mark as the godfather to Sofia and you slept with him." I remind her.

"Oh but that was..."

"You and Mark were friends with benefits for however long it was but...you keep your ex's around and Arizona doesn't complain. So yes she has her ex's but you have yours."

"Wow uh...I just sounded so old." Callie breaks out laughing. "I freaked out about who my wife used to sleep with."

"At least she didn't have the whole nursing staff boycotting her service."

"Oh yeah!" Callie continues to laugh.

"Yeah, that sucked. And I still want to kill Mark for that sometimes." I share with her.

"Wow..." Callie looks at me. "You know when I first met you I never thought we would be here." Callie states to me.

"I always knew we would." I state to her.

"Really?"

"I...I didn't think you would be the godmother to my son but...I knew you would be in my life. You're an amazing person Callie."

"I still can't believe I got you to love ortho."

"I know me either. I really thought I would have gone neuro."

"And then you basically told Derek his service sucks and his specialty is borning." Callie and I burst out laughing.

"Hey, he's still the godfather to Davina so...I guess he got over it." Callie pours herself some more wine.

"You know I think about George." Callie whispers to me.

"About him or how he died?" I ask her.

"Both. Sometimes one over the other. I...I know our relationship was so toxic and...there were so many lies. The marriage was nothing and...but he got me you." Callie says looking up at me. "I would not have gotten to know you if it wasn't for him. You stood up for me and befriended me when no one else would."

"And it was because of George." I state and she nods her head.

"I have nightmares sometimes of his death. I know none of us were there when he got hit but sometimes I dream I'm at the bus stop and right before the train hits me I sit up screaming."

"George was the first person to be nice to me when I came here." I state to her. "I...I met Cristina first but she was..."

"Cristina." We laugh knowing how our friend is.

"She was so serious and competitive. But George he was...he was sweet and welcoming. You know for a second I thought about naming Davina after him."

"You did?" I nod my head.

"But every time I thought about it I would bawl my eyes out. George was the glue that held us all together. We didn't realize it until Meredith slept with him ignoring the feelings he had for her. We all were pissed at her for it and we rallied behind George. He was...he was the best of us. He would have been the very best."