Get Your Own Life

Which characters are you wanting to coming back for whenever Grey's decides to end the show? I really want Callie and Arizona to come back.

Meredith's POV

I walk out of the O.R. feeling drained. And it only gets worse as I spot Amelia. "What'd you have?" She asks me.

"Young kid with advanced nec fasc." I answer her. "I just hoped I got it all."

"I hear you." I take my first seat in hours. "I've got a ventricular washout on a massive brain abscess." She tells me.

"Sounds last-ditch. Sorry."

"Well, not necessarily. I...feel pretty good about it."

"Okay." I brush her comment ff.

"I do."

"Well, you feel really good about a lot of things, so..."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing. Just...just forget about it."

"Is it a problem for you, Owen, and me? Is that...is that what you're talking about?"

"Let's not. You have surgery." I remind her.

"I can handle it."

"Can you? Because it seems like..."

"What?"

"Like you don't even see it. You think you're making all these choices and building this life when none of this is actually yours."

"That doesn't even make sense." Amelia says to me.

"It does make sense. You are living in my house, helping to take care of my children with my sisters. You are marrying my best friend's ex. You are trying to do my husband's job, which he left to my sister to do because he trained her and hand-picked her to be the next him. You know you used to have humility, even a little anxiety, and now you even have his confidence. But why not? Because you've taken over everything else."

"What are you saying?"

"Get your own life. You have surgery." I leave Amelia alone, needing space from her.

__________________________________
Rhys's mother and his driver's ed teacher are bickering with each other that it makes it awkward to interrupt them. "Excuse me." I interrupt them. "We have an update on Rhys. The surgery went well. We believe we were able to resect all of the infected tissue." I share with them.

"Rhys was very lucky." Alex tells the mom. "If you hadn't brought him in when you did, we probably wouldn't have been so successful."

"Oh wow." Rhys mother mutters."

"Okay."

"Thank you."

"He's gonna be okay."

"He's here because of you. He would've died, and he didn't because of you. Right?" The mom asks Alex.

"Yeah, kind of. Um yeah." Alex confirms.

"You are a hero." The mom says. Gen raises her brow at the comment.

"I mean, I just did what needed to be done." The mom jumps the driver's ed teacher.

"I'm out." Gen follows me to leave the two to make up or out.

"Wow." I comment at their scene in the middle of the E.R.

"See? Happy endings, they happen." Alex whispers to me.

"Oh, please." I scoff at his comment. "Everyone's in love in a foxhole."

"What?" Gen asks me as we walk down the hall.