Thorpe Or No

Did you like Thorpe or no?

Gen's POV

"Dr. Grey, I was told to report to..."

"Did you see the scans?"

"Yeah, I'm late sorry." I answer Meredith as we head into surgery. "Callie is in surgery, and I just got off the phone with Bauer Medical. They said that Carson's recovering well, and his incision sites and flaps are doing great."

"That is great news."

"Yeah, Thorpe thought so too." I add, and Meredith says nothing. "He also thought you might have given him the wrong number."

"Thorpe?" Maggie asks, confused. "Who is Thorpe?"

"He has the right number." Meredith says as she puts booties on.

"So ignoring his calls is what...so you can avoid him?" I question her.

"Wait." Maggie is catching on now. "Will someone please tell me what is going on and who he is?"

"Mer exchanged numbers with this hot military surgeon over at Bauer." I explain. "And since then he's gotten no response from Mer."

"What?" Maggie's jaw is wide open.

"It's nothing." Meredith brushes it off.

"Why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"Because it's nothing."

"It's not nothing. Mark already ran a background check on the guy." I state.

"He did what?" Meredith whips around to look at me.

"Yeah, he ran a background check. All on his own, might I add."

"He did not."

"Oh, he did."

"What did he find?" Maggie asks.

"Wilson, are you following me?" Meredith snaps at Jo.

"I'm with you today. I'm on your service." Jo explains.

"Blake is with me."

"No, actually, all of the residents were switched."

"You need to talk to Blake, then because I don't have the time to get you up to speed." Meredith is so cold towards Jo.

"We'll see you in surgery, Wilson." I assure Jo, and she walks away feeling helpless.

"Mark did a background check. What did he find?" Maggie asks.

"He's ranked in the military. Very smart. No criminal past. Not married. No kids. Lots of charity work, and I did see something in there that he..."

"Wait, you saw something?" Meredith asks me.

"Mark did the background check, and of course, I'm going to look at it." I defend.

"I hate you. And we have surgery." Meredith gets up and leaves.

"So, how hot?" Maggie asks.

"Very hot. Mark only puffs out his chest when he's intimidated by another guy's looks or skills, and Thorpe was making his chest really stand out. It was hot." I explain.

"Damn."

__________________________________
"So...what kind of surgeon is he?" Maggie asks.

"Oncology." I answer. Maggie gasps.

"We can work with that."

"He's 40, 6' 2", only child...little bit of an ass but a hot one at that." I list off.