Ladyplace

I loved this chapter so much and I hope you all enjoy reading it.

Mark's POV

"Bailey? Bailey, did you like this?" Callie can't even believe what she's hearing

"More wine?" I ask the ladies, and they hold their glasses out, all except Amelia, who is enjoying her sparkling water.

"I mean, who knew Bailey was the man?" Meredith adds.

"Mm, you know what? They lowballed you cause you're an in-house hire. They knew you wouldn't push back." Callie suggests.

"I thought the offer was fair. I mean, for me, it wasn't about the money." Meredith says.

"Oh, it's always about the money." I chime in. They look at me. "When Richard begged me to come in as head of plastics, I had my private practice salary to negotiate, and I've brought so much revenue to the hospital with my techniques. Trained Avery to be a kickass surgeon, so they had to give me what I deserved."

"Which was?" Meredith asks me.

"2 million." I answer.

"You make 2 million a year?" She asks me, shocked.

"That's just what I make from being a surgeon. I make a whole lot more from my investments." I brag.

"You invest?"

"And you don't? Got to invest if you want to make any money Grey."

"Well, I stick by it's not about the money. Bailey said she needed me. The job just fell in my lap." We all groan at her excuse.

"It did not fall into your lap." Lexie chimes in. She finishes her eggroll and continues. "There are other general surgeons Bailey could have asked to be Chief, but she chose you. She knew what she was doing."

"I agree with Little Grey. Nothing just falls into your lap. There's luck, but no one just gets head of a department out of luck. You need skill and ability to lead, which you can do." I boast to Meredith.

"You need to go back and renegotiate." Callie tells her.

"Yes." I agree as I pour myself some more wine.

"I can't. It's too late. I already accepted the offer." Meredith says.

"It's never too late." I remind her.

"McSteamy's right. You walk in there and demand what you deserve." Amelia tells her. "Men do it all the time."

"That is true." I agree. Callie and Lexie nod their heads.

"They walk in, they adjust their man parts, they get more money." Amelia explains.

"Yeah, we all did it." Callie says. I did it real good. I mean, I got..." She chuckles. "I make a lot more than you."