Windy Day's and New Cardio Chief

Just to warn you there will be emotional moments in this chapter. Just a warning now.

3rd Person POV

"You're here early

"You're here early." April comments to Owen, who hasn't stopped working since Cristina left for Zurich.

"Yeah, an MVC came in last night after you left." Owen replies. "The driver had an open-book pelvis, so I stuck around."

"You've been here all night?" April asks.

"Medevac just called." A nurse interrupts them. "Hypotensive patient en route, possible multi-trauma."

"All right, page Yang." Owen sees the look of confusion on his colleague's faces. "Pierce." He corrects himself. "Page Pierce and Grey. And ask them to meet me at the helipad. Page Benoist to have a room ready for us. Can you finish up here?"

"Uh, sure, yeah." April agrees, but she worries for her friend. Jackson slowly approaches his wife. "He's dying inside." April says to him. Jackson looks at Hunt, who enters the elevator.

"Ah, he seems fine." Jackson argues.

"Well, sure. He's a soldier. He's stuffing everything down, but he needs a buddy." April's eyes widen as she gets an idea. "You could be his buddy." Jackson looks wide-eyed back at her.

"Nope." He quickly responds.

"Oh, come on!" April tries to get him to see the benefit of being Owen's friend. "How would you feel if I were the one who left you lying awake at night in your empty bed..."

"What kind of buddy are you asking me to be?" Jackson questions.

"Avery! My boy, it's time." Mark swings his arm over Jackson's shoulder.

"Mark!" April says his name with excitement.

"I don't like that look on her face." Mark declares as he takes a step back. "Kepner, you have a crazed look."

"No, it's..."

"She's going to ask you to be a buddy to Hunt." Jackson explains.

"NO!" Mark roars, surprising April.

"Come on. The two of you are just making sure he's okay. That's what he needs." April encourages the two men. "He's great and..."

"I am no buddy with a man who made out with my wife!" Mark declares.

"What?!" April's eyes are even wider than before, if that is even possible. "Chief Hunt and...when did Gen and he..."

"Doesn't matter when Kepner. It happened and...I am not being friends with him." Mark declares.

"You don't have to be friends; just take him out and..."