Looking Forward to Better Days

Just a warning the end of this chapter is slightly emotional.

"Oh, we can add spaghetti Wednesday to the list of things I'm not gonna miss about this place." Jackson complains as he picks at his food.

"You didn't have to get it. You could have had the other food." I tease him and he tosses a noodle at me which I easily catch in my mouth. "Thank you." He shakes his head at me.

"Are you kidding me? Best deal in town. I've watched Alex go through six bowls already." Meredith comments as Alex slurps up his noodles.

"True that."

"Hey, I hear Stanford has a farm-to-table chef. You can text your order right from the O.R." Meredith is still trying to sell Cristina on Stanford.

"Well, I'll factor that in. I still haven't made my decision." Cristina states to us but we all know she's leaving us for something bigger.

"Well, it's gotta be Stanford. Where else would you go?" Meredith still hounds her.

"I don't know. I might stay."

"Really?" I ask her.

"Everythings on the table."

"She like-a the spaghetti, too." Alex teases Cristina making us all laugh.

"Tulane's got crawfish. I mean, that's a selling point." Jackson tries to lighten the mood.

"You're going to smell like fish all day and still do surgery?" I ask Jackson worried.

"Uh...yeah maybe I won't eat it. But U.S.C. I mean, what do they eat in L.A.?" Jackson asks.

"Souls." Cristina answers him.

"Green juice." I add and we laugh. We stop as April's phone rings.

"212. It's New York." April announces.

"Mount Sinai." Meredith states and April shakes her head.

"Bad news is only bad news if you pick up the phone." April states ignoring her phone I grab it without hesitation. "Gen..."

"Hello, this is Dr. Kepner." I imitate April. "Oh is that so? Well, you can go shove your too bit low-class system up your tight ass and choke on it." I hang up and everyone looks at me. "Sorry, they pulled their offer." I tell April who has her mouth gaped open.

"Did you just tell Columbia to shove it up their tight ass?" Meredith asks with a smirk on her face.

"It was the tamest thing I could have told them." I reply eating my spaghetti.

"Didn't you got to Columbia?" Jackson asks me.

"Which means I know exactly how much of a snob and tight ass they are." I reply.

"All right then." He nods his head.

"Hey, you want my fries Apes?" Alex offers his food to April who scowls at him.

"Not if they're pity fries." April snaps.

"They taste the same." Alex assures her and she shakes her head.

"No, you still got Case Western and Seattle, right?" Jackson asks April and she shrugs his hand off her arm. "You're gonna be...fine."

"Uh, so what does Sloan think about Tulane?" Cristina asks Jackson.

"Yeah what does my husband think about it? Because he literally never stops talking about the damn Plastics Posse." I tease Jackson.

"He hasn't weighed in one way or the other."