Working Together

Sorry for the long wait. I got caught up in writing the second book of my Flash series. So enjoy this sweet update.

"I love this." Callie exclaims as she looks at the restaurant I picked for our dinner date. "Is this new?"

"I believe it just opened last month." I answer her as we get comfortable in our seats.

"I'm so happy we're getting away. Mark and Arizona have been driving me crazy." Callie complains.

"What have they done?" I ask as I chow down on the basket of bread.

"For starters when you stay overnight at the hospital to get in on the best surgeries, you then royally screw me over!" People are looking at us now like we're crazy.

"Uh...I scrubbed in on an amazing tumor resection with Shepherd because of overnight." I explain to Callie.

"You need to get your husband under control." Callie orders me.

"What has Mark done now?" I ask her concerned.

"All he does is cook."

"Oh and that's..."

"He just cooks and cooks and makes me eat his food if you're not there."

"I love his cooking. He's getting really adventurous and..." Callie holds up her hand and silences me.

"I haven't had sex because all he does is come over with food and your cute adorable baby!"

"Who is your godson." I remind her.

"That's beside the point. When Mark brings over the food and the baby Arizona wants to bring Sofia out and have a play date. You know what doesn't happen during playdates Gen?"

"Uh...the kids love each other and..."

"SEX! Callie yells and people are definitely thinking we're insane. "I haven't had sex in weeks and...I need sex now!"

"I will talk to Mark about...leaving you and Arizona alone more but I can only do so much. He's bored." I explain to her.

"How is he bored? He's a double board-certified surgeon. He has other friends he can bug..."

"Well Derek is still down from losing Zola and for Mark to come over and possibly mention Theo and our baby that only makes Derek more of a dick. Mark is...you're his only other friend and he just needs someone to talk to right now."

"I can't imagine what they are going through." Callie exclaims as we both think about Zola being taken away from Meredith and Derek. "I just...it was heartbreaking seeing her being taken by Janet."

"I've made some calls." I speak up.

"You have? To who?"

"Some adoption lawyers who specialize in things like this. I need to know I've done everything I can for them so that...I need to know that they haven't lost this precious girl forever." I explain myself to Callie.

"Any luck?"

"None. Any lawyers I've found the more I've told them about the case the less they want nothing to do with it."

"Damn they have no balls."

"They say it goes beyond lawyers being involved. For the state to question if Meredith and Derek are suitable parents there is not much that can be done. It's all in the judge's hand on what will happen."

"Damn I thought...is there any chance they can get her back?" Callie asks me. I shrug my shoulders.

"It's hard to say."