Train Wrecks

I love that you guys finally noticed the surprise!!! You'll meet Kelly Brown more throughout this season 12. Enjoy this next update.e

Gen's POV

"This is nice

"This is nice. I missed this." Callie says as the kids play at the park.

"They all missed Sofia. They asked about her all the time." I share. I take a sip of my coffee. I feel Callie looking at me.

"Why...why didn't you tell me?"

"Callie."

"You left in the middle of the night and disappeared. I was worried sick."

"I left a note."

"That note was bullshit."

"Callie."

"I deserved to know more. I deserved to know my person was safe and sound." She exclaims.

"I was safe."

"You could have called."

"If I had called, then you would have tried to bring us back and talk it out, and in that moment, I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to explain to anyone how I was going to cope. I just wanted to be."

"You left me for a whole year Gen. A whole year, and you never said a word.'

"I needed a refresh." I mess with my coffee cup. "It was so hard the first few months and...I needed to be strong for Mer. I had my husband, and she...she lost hers. I had to be strong for her and for myself."

"I could've been there for you. For the kids and...why didn't you let me be there?" I turn to face Callie.

"Because if you or Alex or anyone was there, then I was going to crumble. I cried when I saw Alex. For the first time in a year, I cried because I saw him. I needed to be strong for Mark, the kids, and Mer. My feelings in that moment did not matter."

"Gen, that's no way to live. You needed to...you needed to be there for yourself."

"There were days Meredith didn't get out of bed. Or eat or move. Zola was scared for her, and so was I. Mark would wake up and look around confused. Some days he would know who we were, and others, he was completely lost."

"How is he?"

"He's still the Mark, I love. Charming and attentive." I stop.

"What is it?"

"Sometimes I snap at him when I'm so frustrated, and then the hurt look on his face reminds me how much we have lost. We can make new memories, but the ones we've forgotten and worked out before are...harder to tackle a second time."

"Like?"

"He's... he's been wanting to contact Sloan."

"No!" I nod my head.