Take Point

I just rewatched the season with Derek dying and Jackson and April. I have so many emotions rewatching those episodes but I can't wait to work Gen into those episodes down the road.

"This is a very popular location for weddings. You can put up tents or a gazebo with lights or flowers."

"And how many guests?" Mark asks her as we walk through the outdoor venue.

"Up to 300 is what fits most but if you request we can make this an indoor and outdoor event and you could fit more." Tom are guide informs us.

"It won't be 300." I correct him.

"How many guests were you two thinking?" Tom ask Mark and me.

"50..." I say.

"200." Mark answers and I look at him.

"What?" I ask him confused.

"How could you think we could do 50?" Mark challenges me.

"We don't need more than that."

"Your family alone talks 50."

"No, they do not." I argue.

"150?" Mark negotiates.

"100." I challenge.

"120."

"Fine!"

"Awesome." Mark claps his hands. "Let's talk prices."

"You can either have us cater or you can bring in your own for a small fee." Tom explains and I nod my head.

"How much?" I ask him needing to understand what we're dealing with.

"Well if you choose our catering service, cost to use the facility, the banquet hall and servers we're looking at 50."

"40." I challenge Tom and Mark raises his brow at me.

"Excuse me?" Tom asks me.

"I said  40 thousand for renting this venue, using your catering service and banquet hall."

"Ma'am...the price is nonnegotiable."

"Everything is negotiable. Now I see that your banisters need to be restained and there are cracks in the patio." I list off looking at the place.

"Well, that is..."

"Now we will be paying a hefty sum for wedding photos and if this place is going to look run down and in desperate need of retouching I don't know if it's something we can do." I say and Mark is trying not to laugh.

"I...let me make a phone call." Tom leaves Mark and me not in a good mood but if I learned anything from my mother is you can negotiate a price

"Do those things actually bother you?" Mark whispers to me.

"They are barely that noticeable." I reply to him. "But if he's going to negotiate money based on what I said then they don't know how to play the game." I whisper back.

"Okay uh...we can do the wedding for 40 thousand." Tom comes back with a smile.

"Then let's sign some papers Tom." I clap my hands and we follow him back to the office.

__________________________________
"Navy scrubs?" Meredith asks Dr. Webber as we try and control our joy.

"Attending scrubs. You're attendings today. Run cases, take point but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then...congratulations. You've just been promoted." Chief Webber informs us and we finally let the excitement take over. This is a big step to our future and it's amazing. Cristina just keeps staring at her scrubs never moving.