47| Party People

(for my french-speaking readers, i mean no harm, i think french is cool, pls don't kill me :'] )

previously: rosie turned down yang's job order and talked to ella about lisa and the concert, the vault gang prepared for somi's party, irene interrogated jennie.

"Lemme hear ya people!" Lisa hollered as she bounded across the stage with Somi, one arm slung around Jisoo's shoulder. "Here comes the drop—IT'S MY LIIIIIIIFEEEEE AND IT'S NOW OR NEVER!"

The crowd shouted with her as the three girls shouted the lyrics in each other's faces, falling back laughing.

At the bar, Jennie's left eye twitched without stopping.

"You okay, Jen?" Irene asked amused.

"Me? Why wouldn't I be? I'm just peachy," Jennie said sarcastically, "really, don't you see me having fun Irene? This is fun, right?"

The gaggle of girls at the far end of the diner-turned-dance-floor screamed boisterously to Chaeyoung and Seulgi's rendition of Bon Jovi's It's My Life and Jennie bit back another grumble.

She wasn't sure what she had expected of Somi's party, but she was starting to yearn for those relatively quieter bar nights when Lisa and Momo fobbed off fangirls to get free drinks. They were infinitely more bearable than all the thumping noise and sweltering heat.

Jennie slammed back her shot and set her glass down a little more forcefully than she intended.

"Easy there Jen," Yeri hooted as she took Jennie's glass away, "the night is still young, you know?"

"And I want a dance with you before it's over," a tipsy and clingy Joy warbled, throwing her arms around her girlfriend. Aside from Somi's friends, some of the workers at the diner had also dropped in to party. Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Joy were having a whale of a time cat-calling Lisa in particular as she jumped and hyped the crowd from the stage.

"Babe, I'm manning the bar," Yeri said half-heartedly as Joy started peppering the side of her face with sloppy kisses. "Please, there's Jennie about to murder someone—"

"I'm fine," Jennie huffed, crossing her arms. "I'm completely fine—"

She scrunched up her face as another rousing set of hooting laughter drowned out her voice, coming from the centre where Lisa, Somi, Seulgi, Jisoo and Chaeyoung were currently standing onstage and talking to their audience after finishing the previous song.

"...and so, as I was saying to my good friend Somi here," Chaeyoung was saying with a broad smirk, "you know how they say French is the language of romance and love? So I had the idea, what if you actually spoke French while you're getting some action in the bedroom? Set the atmosphere and all to get things going, am I right ladies?"

"I'll speak French between your legs," Seulgi purred seductively and a few girls squealed. 

"The hottest things I've ever been told!" Jisoo intoned.

"I'm just picturing someone screaming 'BONJOUR' at a penis," Lisa snorted.

"SACRE BLEU MADEMOISELLE VAGINA!" Chaeyoung exclaimed unromantically.

"HON HON HON TITTY CROISSANTS!" Jisoo bellowed into her microphone.

"Titty croissants!" Seulgi wheezed. She doubled over laughing, joined by Lisa, Chaeyoung and Jisoo. At the bar, Jennie face-palmed for the umpteenth time.

"None of you should ever be having sex," Somi said in disgust as everyone laughed. "And they say I'm the most immature one of the whole outfit," she added cheekily, "anyway, moving on, we're only just getting started! I wanna see y'all having fun! Me and my gal pals are gonna make sure of it with our band! Give it up foooooorrrrr—"